cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing context data from MDM Generated Webdynpro to custom Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a project through MDM Webdynpro configurator and added Search, Resultset and Item components to it. If used s a standalone project, this works good.

Now I have a custom Webdynpro project and using the MDM_JAVA_WD_FRAMEWORK, I am calling the above MDM generated webdynpro project from the custom webdynpro project using Interface Views. This also works good.

But I have a situation, where I need to pass the selected record in the Resultset component of MDM Webdynpro project to the context of the custom webdynpro project. I do not see the option of context mapping between these components. Then how do I achieve this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi .

Try to create a Eventhandler method in Custome pjt.

there will be two things Event source---> it would be Resultset componenet. Event Name -

> in Drop down you need to select relevant one.

for mapping of context fields just do a data link between Resultset component of MDM Webdynpro project to the context of the custom webdynpro project. then check again.

Hope it works.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

thanks for the suggestion. Can you please explain in a bit detail regarding the Event Source and Event Name and how to associate that to the MDM Resultset component.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you select the record in result set webdynpro it fires selectRecord event and passes record id.

Add ResultSet webdynpro component usage in your custom view.

In your custom webdynpro you can create new event to subscribe to the select Record event of ResultSet component.

Use the ID to grab the record details from MDM.

Answers (0)