Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert suppression without downtime management

Kawamoto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP professionals,

I am writing to ask questions on how we can suppress CCMS alerts for a specific time block of a day.

I found ways to suppress alerts using Downtime Management, but we would like to suppress alerts for reasons other than downtime management.

Below is our situation.

We are monitoring performance data from the Solution Manager. When daily jobs run in the sattelite systems, the performance gets bad and we receive alerts. Since we know that the bad performance is due to the daily jobs, we do not want alerts when the jobs are runing. We looked for instructions for using alert suppression, but only found a case for downtime management.

We thought of using the dontime manager but not stop the actual system, but we reallized it would deteriorate our KPI figures for availability monitoring.

If someone has encounterred the same issue and solved it, it would be very helpful if I can share the knowledge.

Best Regards

Kentaro Kawamoto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello and welcome to the forum,

In the alert overview, you can select the alerts you want and hit the button 'postpone'. This will avoid that the alerts appear for some time. You can also specify the period of time that the alerts will not be displayed.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Kawamoto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ariño,

Thank you very much for your reply in a short period. I am glad to see my inquires being taken care.

By the way, I should have been clearer on my question.

According to your suggestion, the alert itself is generated.

Our situation is, for example, a heavy job runs daily from 7:00 AM to 8:50 AM. This job causes slow performce in the system.

If we do not suppress the alert, we keep getting alerts during 7:00AM to 8:50 AM every day.

Pressing the "postpone" button will hide the alert, but we still get alerts.

We are looking for a way to avoid receiveing the alert during the time block.

Would appreciate if anyone can share my issue.

Best Regards

Kentaro Kawamoto