cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information structure update (Product allocation)

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created new information structure to implement product allocation functionality in SAP R/3

In the existing landscape there are around 10 company codes are being used. But the product allocation is required for only one company code and we have made the configuration accordingly. Product allocation functionality is working fine, but the issue is in the information structure all the sales transaction happening at different company codes are getting updated which is not correct and unnecessary data are just getting filled in the information structure.

Even though we have maintained the company code as a charecterstic in the information structure the sales order date of other company code are getting updated.

How we can restrict the updation of unnecessary data in to the information structure.

Regards,

Babs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello Babs,

If only one Sales org want to use Product allocation, you can clear product allocation procedure from VBAP_MARA_KOSCH by using Program: MV45AFZZ Form: USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP by passing validation to check in the planning Hierarchy.

The same situation Iaam working on. I proposed this solution to my client.

Sreenivas

0 Kudos

Hello Babs,

If only one Sales org want to use Product allocation, you can clear product allocation procedure from VBAP_MARA_KOSCH by using Program: MV45AFZZ Form: USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP by passing validation to check in the planning Hierarchy.

The same situation Iaam working on. I proposed this solution to my client.

Sreenivas

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babs, let me ask you - how do you think SAP is supposed to know that it should update the info structure only for certain companies? Where did you maintain configuration for this? My guess is - nowhere.<br>

The characteristics that you have in the info structure are not important. If you want to do this by company - that's fine. You mentioned that you're using the standard update group 1 and also all the standard/usual Customer/Material update groups. In transaction OVRO (which I have already mentioned) we maintain the relationship between Sales area (Sales Org + Division + Distr. Ch), Customer update group and Statistics update group. Statistics update group here is the same as we use when creating update definition in MC24/MC25.<br>

<br>

Let's use a very simple example. Say you have Sales Orgs 101, 102 and 103 and the rest are just 01. In OVRO you would have the following entries:<br>

<br>

101 - 01 - 01 - 1 - 1<br>

102 - 01 - 01 - 1 - 1<br>

103 - 01 - 01 - 1 - 1<br>

<br>

The first '1' here is the Customer update group and the last '1' is the Statistics update group. So what happens in SAP when you create a document? SAP sees, for example: Sales Org = 101, Division = 01, DCh = 01, Cust. group = 1. It thinks: "Aha, I have some configuration here for Update group 1, so I need to go and check what info structures have update with this group and update them". That's all there is. The same will happen for Sales Org 102 and 103. All the values must match. If, for example, you create new DCh 02 and do not update OVRO configuration, the info structures will not be updated for this DCh. Also if you maintain the records only for 101-102, then no SIS updates will happen for the Sales Org 103.<br>

<br>

I know what you might be thinking already - OK, I'll just delete the records for the Sales Orgs that belong to the companies, which are not part of this process. But not so fast - this configuration applies to ALL SIS updates, not just to certain info structures. So if you simply delete the records for a Sales Org, then no infostructures will be updated for it at all.<br>

<br>

IMHO there are 2 solutions to your problem and I have already mentioned them. <br>

1) Do not use update group 1. Create a custom update group (e.g. Z1) and then use it in OVRO/OVRP and in MC24/25. This is a pretty simple standard solution and does not require any development. The only problem is that you'll need to re-create the update definition for the infostructure. Make sure to test this very well.<br>

2) Add a custom requirement to every key figure in your info structure. In the requirement specify: for company X - update, for Company Y - do not update, etc. Any decent ABAPer should be able to figure it out. The advantage is that you will be able to keep your config and update definition. A disadvantage - this is custom development and you won't get much support from SAP.<br>

<br>

Hope this answers your question.

P.S. Sorry - stupid forum dropped all my paragraph breaks. Now it should be readable, I hope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babs

Did you create your custom infostructure as a copy of standard delivered S140?

Why did you use company code as a characteristic, should you not use Sales Org? For example, S140 has the following characteristics:

Prod.allocation object

Sales Organization

Distribution Channel

Customer group

Sold-to party

Also go through the following checklist for LIS update of Product allocation:

u2022 Statistics update

Product allocations are planned in Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) and this planning is based on an info structure.

In order to be able to plan product allocations you must make the settings in the Logistics Information System (LIS) Customizing for statistics update in the info structure. This is required at customer, material, header and item levels. The update group must also be maintained in Customizing for the LIS

The following steps are necessary:

o Check the following settings and maintain them if necessary:

Maintain customer statistics groups

Maintain material statistics groups

Assign statistics groups by sales document type

Assign statistics groups by sales document item category

Assign update group at item level

Assign update group at header level

o Activate the update of the SAP standard info structure S140 or a self-defined info structure. The info structures are maintained in Customizing for the LIS.

o Check the update rules and maintain them, if necessary. The confirmed quantity of the schedule line at the delivery deadline is updated to the standard info structure S140. Characteristics are updated with formulae.

o Check the formulae of the characteristics.

In Customizing for LIS, you must take the following control element into account:

The info structure determines the criteria for the planning hierarchy (e.g. the organizational data).

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekar Thank you for your reply.

Please note our client has around 10 sales organisations and needs allocation in all of them. Also the number of materials is around 5000 and maintaining them at every sale organisation level will be quite teedeous job and that to planning is on weekly basis.

So it is confirmed that the plan should be based on the company code level and not at the sale ogr level.

After creating the str S940 (copy of S140) we removed the charecterstic 'Sales org and Distribution channe' and instead we included new fiield company code to be billed (VBAK_BUKRS_BF).

Regards,

Babs

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly did you put in the configuration "accordingly"?

I would create a new statistics group and maintain entries in OVRP/OVRO only for the sales areas that are relevant for the update. If you are using the standard statistics groups 1/2 then you might in fact have other configuration than you think. Update Group in MC25 should match with the statistics group in OVRP/OVRO, naturally.

Also check the "update diagnostics" transaction (e.g. MCVR for orders) to see how the data is being updated. Sometimes, if there were changes in the info structure and/or update, they don't "stick" and have to be re-generated.

If all this checks out, send a message to SAP.

There is also an option to add a requirement to each field in the update definition, but, since this could be managed by configuration, you shouldn't need to do this.

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thank you for your reply. We created a new custom infirmation str S940 copying from the std S140. Please note that as per the requirment, our client has around 10 sales organisations and needs allocation in all of them. Also the number of materials is around 5000 and maintaining them at every sale organisation level will be quite teedeous job and that to planning is on weekly basis.

So it is confirmed that the plan should be based on the company code level and not at the sale ogr level.

After creating the str S940 (copy of S140) we removed the charecterstic 'Sales org and Distribution channe' and instead we included new fiield company code to be billed (VBAK_BUKRS_BF).

Moreover customer , material, sales document types and item categories are assigned with std statastics group '1'.

In MC25 update group config, the stattstics group is again 1. Also please note that in the in MC25 for the charecterstics we have not assigned the Formulaes (like 141, 142 etc)

Please let me know where i am going wrong because of which sales transaction data of the other company code are also getting updated.

Regadrs,

Babs