Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve explode item in sales without BOM

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a situation like this:

Selling a product which includes 2 finish goods items inside, as normal, I can create sales BOM but our customer doesn't want to create new ID for BOM. could you share with me you idea about this problem? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can use Free good. Buy one get one free. Please check the forum for configuration help on free goods determination.

OR

See if Cross Selling helps: http://sap-img.com/sap-sd/cross-selling-how-to-configure.htm

Regards

Sai

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

Thks for your reply. I am going on with cross selling but I finished with config but when I created SO, the alternative product doesn't show in second line. Do you have any idea about it?

Thks a lot!

P/S: I regarded your point. Your answer is very helpful!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you do not get the material determined in sales order, check whether you have maintained the condition record.

Free goods would no help just because it is free. Imagine that you sell a lot of our main product and gives the sub-products for free, your customer high likely will get in troubles if he gets an audit (SOX). They will ask him why so much free goods.

For Cross selling, it should be fine.

But, just because you say : Selling a product which includes 2 finish goods items inside, I would recommend using a BOM as this hsould be the right business process.

regards

Sidi

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear guys,

Thks for your help! I totally agree with you about BOM is best solution but our customer doesn't want manage more material data!

Back to cross selling, I created master record and the ICON for cross selling has showed in SO but alternative item is not! That's my concern! Is there anyone verify for me about that?

Regards,

Nguyen Pham,

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a shame your customer does not stick to the best practices.

Anyway, sounds like you did not create your condition record via VB41 and for material , and attach the alternative materials.

Regards

Sidi

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Thks for your reply! I agree with you my customer denied the best solution. Btw, I created master data by VB41 and as i said the ICON for cross selling has showed. But I still concern in SO have to show 2 lines when I input the material with cross selling alternative material. I really need helps! Thks a lot!

Regards,

Nguyen Pham,

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen

Did you assigned in the customer master Sales area, the customer procedure for cross selling you have created.

IN VD02, Sales tab under PP cust proc.

regards

Sidi

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

As I said, all config and master data was done, I set PP cust is B and PP doc is B. And the assigned cross selling profile to sales area plus PP cust + doc. Now I concern does SAP support when doing with SO, main item was input but alternative item show in the line or not?

Regards,

Nguyen Pham

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen

I see, your main item will be keyed in, but your alternative items will not show up automatically in sales order. (this is not like Free goods or material determination process)

You have to click the Button ICON_Proposal (I think it is called like that), and select your alternative items as a separate step.

Please try,

Regards

Sidi

former_member440871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Thks Sidi! I saw the ICON (you can check my post above) and I clicked already but nothing happen! Don't know why! I check again master data and could not find anything abnormal, include valid date! Don't want to think this is SAP error :)!

Regards,

Nguyen Pham