cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM selecting the reviewers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus

Is it possible to select the reviewers manually at the time of ECM execution either for Engineering Change MAster or Engg Change request?

My scenario in Detail:

1.ECR/Change Master is created.

2.The team lead approves ECR/Change Master

3.Change type major/minor

4.Major---->Technical Review>ECO->CCB--->Change Release

Minor--

>ECO->CCB---Change Release

*************Select the design member to carry out change

*************Design Member selects the reviewer

Iam planning to map this using status for Engineering Change Master and develop workflows

This functionality is available in TeamCeneter and Winchill and can be enhanced very easily and flexibly.

My client wants same to be in SAP.

Is there any workaround atleast so that till PLM 7.1 is released this can be manged in ECC6.0?

Thanks in advance

Prasad K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set up a new Status profile in transaction BS02 and assign the same to Object type 'ECM change master record' and

'ECM change objects' and 'Engineering Change Order'. Once you assign the status profile to object in CC02 screen go to Edit and 'set Status profile'. you will see new line getting added as user status in the header screen.

Define you own statuses like 'NEW' " Inprocess" approval pending etc.

This way u can set up status to change master and develop workflow. We are using this in our current ECC system.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Thanx for your reply.

But my questions are:

Is it possible for the design enggr to select the reviwer from some dropdown kind of function at run time??

How is the workflow scenario in your case?

Can standard workflows be triggered by the change in status for Engineering Change Master? My workflow consultant is saying that the status value is getting saved in structure and not in table and so its not possible to trigger workflow based on the change in Engg Change Master Status?

Thanks in advance!

Prasad K

Edited by: Prasad K on May 19, 2010 6:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I am interestged to know how your issue in SDN forum, "selecting reviewers manually in ECM process" got solved.

Can you please let me know.

I am actually in need to similar solution. I also need to set up the inbox notifications for each status change through workflow. Appreciate if you could let me know the detailed steps/process to do so.

Thanks in advance