Message Protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do we need FCC for these files ?

1 dat file

2 flat file

3 text file

Do we need to use for all these kind of files ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That depends on your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not refer to a condition where the file is transferred to the target as it is, I mean without mapping.

If mapping is involved, then don't we have to use FCC for all these files.

Its like this, sender is an idoc and receiver could be any of this. In that case don't we have to use FCC as message protocol ?

Regards

midhun

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Its like this, sender is an idoc and receiver could be any of this. In that case don't we have to use FCC as message protocol ?

In that case you have to use FCC, but as alternative you can also create your file structure with Java or XSLT mapping to create a non-XML file.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to use FCC or MessageTranformBean as per your requirement to convert the file to mentioned format.

Do you have some specific requirement like creating all of them in one go or creating them based on some condition?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Prateek

There is no condition like that.

I have two receivers. One is a dat file and the other is a text file. I need to use FCC but in CSv we give values for fieldseperator as comma, what do we give for text and dat files in that field ?

And for field names do we have to mention the names of entire fields. I have eleven fields. So do I have to mention all the eleven fields ?

Midhun

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do we give for text and dat files in that field ?

This should be dependent upon the business requirement of the file structure. You may make it tab separated for example.

So do I have to mention all the eleven fields ?

Depends on requirement.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)