cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please recommend: Which client to use for Integration Server. (001???)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We have just installed 'SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR1 ABAP+Java' Usage Type 'NetWeaver Process Integration (PI)'. (Cute new name for XI, no? 🐵 ).

The default client for the Integration Server is 001. I have found notes etc on how to change it to another client (note 940309) but not really any recommendation on what to do.

Being old-school using client 001 for anything is wierd to me, but I know things are changing...

Can anyone please out there please let me know if there are any guidelines/recommendations for if to use 001 for this or not?

Thankyou!

Nam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI version, uaually, you can do client copy 800 or 100 from 001. you should not use 001 for integration server.

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

a tener (10) or a hundred are most commonly used.

Cheers,

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again!

So basically the recommendation is NOT to use 001 but to reconfigure for another client?

What are the arguments? Anything else then that 001 is never to be touched, and that we never ever want to have to import transports there?

Thanks!

Nam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!!

there is actually no fix recommendation on this. Please don't confuse client nomenclature in R/3 with XI. In the world of R/3, you may find the following information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/7e/c8189452c511d182c50000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Production preparation client (001)

The production preparation client is identical to the SAP Reference client, i.e. you cannot use this client in production processing either. The Customizing settings are made in this client. You Customize it into your test environment.

Copy the new or changed table entries which are put in client 000 by SAP during a system or a release upgrade, using Release Customizing.

But for XI, it is different and you may use client 001 on a productive XI as integration server. Absolutely no problem. Many people, however use a copy of this one.

Have a look additionally at notes:

937323 and 940309

Hope it helps,

regards,

Jaime

Answers (0)