cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy To SOAP Asynchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I'm doing a scenario from proxy to soap. in that I'm fetching the data from the tables in the SAP system using the proxy and sending the same to the webservice through the SOAP adapter configured in the Receiver end. basically I have the XI sender adpter & the SOAP receiver adapter. My question here is whicle sending the data if the webservice is down can still the data be sent once the webservice is active ?

Regards,

santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

My question here is whicle sending the data if the webservice is down can still the data be sent once the webservice is active ?

If the web service is down, then the SOAP channel will try 3 times before going into error. Once the service is back up, you can re-send the message from RWB.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh.

if you are using Clinet Proxy(ABAP) you dont required sender Client Adapter and sender agrement.

What do you mean by web service down, yout target system down or communication channel error,

normally Communication channel tries 3 times to send a message to target system , still the system down mean it throw error message in communication channel.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For async scenario: Once the data enters into Adapter Engine and ur web service is not available or down, in that case receiver SOAP adapter will triy for 3 attempts at a retry interval of 5 minutes and even if the webservice is not up during that time, then u can also manually send the data using RESEND tab under ur message monitoring section(RWB).

For more info refer this blog(under Adapter Engine section):

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Thanks

Amit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You haven't mentioned if it is async scenario or sync one. If it is async, then in case receiver webservice is down, you will receive System error in RWB. Then you may restart the message once the webservice is up. You may also schedule automatic restart in this case.

Regards,

Prateek