cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic file attachments in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to upload file attachments of various types to a document within SAP (in this case Expense Reports), using Webdynpro ie. The attachment belongs to a particular expense report. So each document , whether Word, Text, Bitmap etc. would be accessible thereafter by an Expense Report number.

In SAPGUI, we have the powerful function module GOS_ATTACHMENT_LIST_POPUP which takes a user-defined object key to create and change documents.

I'm trying to find an equivalent interface for this in WDynpro. I looked at the component WDK_POWL_WF_DETAIL, but this seems to be suited to Workflow. Can anyone out there give some further tips or examples around this ?

Regards,

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked on the wd component with similar requirement and will suggest you to use SAP document service for the same.

to attach any type of file use fm BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_CREA_TAB, to get attachements use FM : BDS_ALL_CONNECTIONS_GET.

Regards

Vishal Kapoor

vijay_ramarao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

With UPLOAD button click, call the method cl_fitv_gos=>save. This will upload file to GOS.

Get all the list of uploaded files using method cl_fitv_gos=>get_links.

Better display files name in a table. So that user can click and open them to see.

To delete any of those attachments use method cl_fitv_gos=>delete.

SAP provided these methods in Travel Management module. I have checked the code, nothing is specific to travel management module. So we can use it for our custom developments as well.

Answers (0)