cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL09 (reverse delivery) and SIS update

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Scenario:

New LIS structure has been created in order to have deliveries updated in a SIS structure

The normal posting is working fine, that is the posting of the delivery is updating correctly the new structure.

Nevertheless when reviewing the scenario for a reverse delivery, the figures are not being updated.

What I have done.

Enhance the structure MCLIPS

Create the information structure: Tr MC22

Maintain update rules: Tr MC25 (I even created an extended formula for update rules)

What I have seen is that:

During the reversal of the delivery the extended update rule is not launched (while creating the delivery I see the formula on debugging mode) but see nothing on delivery reversal.

Any idea would be really apreciated.

Regards vpa

Valentí

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, VL09 is to cancel the goods movement. I think you're mixing up the goods movement document with the delivery. These are two completely separate documents. Cancelling goods movement does not update the delivery (as far as SIS is concerned) and, therefore, does not affect the info structures that are configured for the delivery-based update.

Just a simple example of how SIS update would work:

1) Delivery is created for, say, 10 units - SIS updated with 10.

2) PGI done - SIS is not updated

3) PGI cancelled - SIS is not updated

4) Delivery quantity changed from 10 to 5 - SIS updated with '-5'.

You can also configure LIS to be updated for the goods movements, but it's a completely different update INVCO. I don't think it could be combined in the same info structure with the sales updates.

Hope this explains it.

0 Kudos

Dear Jelena,

I really thank you the info you shared with me.

This has helped me to verify the situation.

After reversing the delivery the process to update the SIS is to delete the delivery.

Thanks again

regards vpa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The updates are linked to the document type and line item type. My guess is that update configuration for the document type and/or line item type (not sure what those are for reverse delivery) simply has not been entered.

In SPRO, check under LIS config: Update -> Updating Control -> Settings:Sales -> Statistics Groups -> Assign Statistics Groups for Each Sales Document Type. You should have an entry with the document type and the Update Group that you used in MC25. Do the same thing for the line items.

0 Kudos

Dear Jelena

thanks for the hint.

Actually those entries are already created, the fact is that for Reversing a Delivery there is no document in shipping (therefore the entries you indicate can not be stored anywhere - they are created for the delivery document already).

thanks again

Regards vpa

Valentí