cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have raised this topic before, but thought I would revisit it now that IDM is becoming more common.

What do you do for Reporting ? SAP IDM is delivered with minimal reporting options and the answer is 'Use Crystal', but with all the instances of IDM installed by members of this forum, there must be a view on reporting requirements in the real world.

Is there a way of sharing the Crystal RPT files via the forum so that we can all benefit and have some useful IDM reporting rather then re-invent the wheel and everyone developing their own ?

Standard reports could include ;

• User Setup at particular date / time ( useful for backtracking changes)

• Users for a Role / Privilege

• Audit reports by user or role or privilege or administrator login

• Reports showing Roles / Parent Roles and their inherited permissions

Anyone think of other reports that you would see as "required" for ongoing care and feeding of a production IDM system ?

Thanks

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. I have gone through the document and there are indeed some wonderful SQL and a reporting example.

But I guess I was more hoping for more then 1 generic 'out of the box reports' with IDM, or failing this, some examples from forum members on how they actually succeeded in getting reports out from IDM using Crystal

Our IDM instance is in production, linked with HCM and working well for over 2000 SAP users. Love the product, but having trouble finding time to play with reports rather then refining the HCM integration and source of truth analysis that such a product is now highlighting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phil,

I suggest reviewing this document. This is by far the best that I have seen on how to create reports in IDM plus it has some excellent SQL examples.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f10af451-cb8f-2c10-adb6-e7e42d191...

--Scott