cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProject 3.10, missing information in "Status" field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I am currently in the process of configuring cProjects 3.10, installed as an add-on on ECC5.0.

Under the main windows under Projects -> Structure - > Basic data, there is a field called Status and one called Change status.

The status field is grayed out, and I can not see any status on the projects. From several guides i know that this field should contain statuses like: released, Created -Transferred etc.

Where are these statuses set?, and what can be the reason for the missing descriptions.

Under the field change status, I have the following choices: ACTIDX01, ACTIDX07, ACTIDX34. Why are these not given in more human readable names?. And where can they be set?

I think some of the problems might be language related, as I use norwegian language.

Any hints or tips are appreciated :=)

Best regards,

Jørgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorgen,

Whenever you create a project, the "Change status" drop down menu has two options

1. Release &

2. Lock.

When you select "Release", the greyed out field of "Status" gets updated & the new status is set to "Release". Now if you look at the drop down menu in the "Change status" field, you have three options:

1. Cancel

2. Complete &

3. Lock

I have checked with the Norwegian Language option, but the "Status" & the "Change Status" field information remains unchanged as said above.

Pl do let me know if you need additional info.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

thank you for answer, and this explains some of the problem. However, I would still like to know how to get these statuses written on the screen.

Regards,

Jørgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorgen,

The statuses that I mentioned are set by default. You can create your own status profile & assign your statuses in it. This can be done in customizing projects. The path is:

Customizing for Collaboration Projects (SPRO)-->Basic Settings --> Create/Change User Status for Status Profile.

Once you create your own status profile, you can select the object types to which this status profile is to be assigned eg project defintion, phase, task, checklist etc.

Once this is done, you can open your cProjects browser. Under the Structure go to "Oject type" eg project definition. For this objcet type go to the "Status" tab page. In the Status Profile field you can select the status profile that you created (from the drop down list). On doing so the status on the "Basic Data" tab page will automatically get updated with the first status in the Status Profile. You can view all the statuses of your status profile in the drop down menu of the "Change status" field.

Hope this helps

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helle Deepak,

I would like to continue using the standard ones. My problem is that they turn up as: ACTIDX01, ACTIDX09, etc. I want to have these as human readable.

As I said nothing turns up in the Status field at all.

regards,

Jørgen

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen Ruud,

It can be a language problem, but just like I know, the latest hotpackage of 3.1 is avaiable for your language.

Please try, if the english version works:

in the link, please add: SAP-LANGUAGE=EN

so that the link should looks like:

... cprojects/default.htm?SAP-LANGUAGE=EN

Kind regards!

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zhenbo,

just on target. I was just about to write that this was the solution on the forum, when I saw your post. This makes it work with english.

There is however some job to get this work with norwegian, so any directions on how to do this is appriciated.

Is your solution to download a hotpackage?

Best regards,

Jørgen

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

Yes, please apply the latest hotpackage system. Just like I know, there was a customer message some weeks ago asking about the cProject of norwegian language, perhaps it is from your colleauge. The answer is the norwegian language is avaiable in the latest hotpackage.

Kind regards!

Zhenbo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Zhenbo,

Thanx a lot.

But wat i really want is where is the mapping is done. Ex: Created -> 00. That is if the status of the Project is Created in Front end (I1700), the Processing status will be "00". Where exactly is the mapping done for the same.

Cheers Sujay!!

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

The logic of mapping id realized in the class CL_DPR_STATUS_MANAGEMENT

method DERIVE_PROCESSING_STATUS. Please do not modify it.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanx for your reply.

Can you let me know where can i relate my System status, User stauts & Processing Status of a Project in cProjects? Ex: Project status in cProjects will be, say Created (<b>I1700</b>). But in the table level, it stores as "00" or "10" if its Released. Where is the relation between these maintained?

Your views would be highly appreciated..

Warm Regards,

Sujay G!

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

I think, your mean the two fields:

PROC_STATUS_OWN Object Processing Status

PROC_STATUS_SUP Processing Status of Higher-Level Object

If you run the SE11, input Domain = 'DPR_PROC_STATUS', go to tab 'Value Range', you should get:

00 Created

10 Released

11 Released (Processing has begun)

20 Locked

21 Locked (Released First)

40 Closed / Obsolete

41 Closed (Not Successful)

60 Single-Step Role Staffing

80 Flagged for Archiving

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have created Status profile in cProjects 4.0

How can I replace the system status with my created status profile?

In other words, when I select my Status profile, the system status (Created, Released, Lock) should get replaced by the custom (Ex: Available, Closed, etc)

Kindly give your thoughts!!

Regards,

Sujay!

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sujay,

The user\ctustomer status must NEVER replace the standard system status, otherwise the whole application is completely down.

The customer status should only support the customer to have additional status beside the system status.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo