SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking SM for Student with two Programs regsitration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt about the following Scenario:

Link:[Scenario|http://desarrollo.unimet.edu.ve:8001/images/example.png]

I have a Student that have two active Programs. Ej. ST OBJIID:1000001 with two Studies (CS) and this student want to book a module that belongs to the both programs for the same sepecific year and the same period. In my CAMPUS, they don't have to see the module twice, and only the have to charge it once.

Why when I book a module that belongs to my SC i have to select the Program and Program Type?

the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING doesn´t recognize the two registrations?

I need that the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING or the HRIQ_MODULE_BOOKING knows how many active programs they are and If the module belongs to both programs?

I need to booked the module without selecting the program and program type.

Supposed that the SM doesn't belongs to a SC, i don't have to select the program either, so why is a prerequisite to select the program, the system should know where it belongs or not and also for the student is not relevant for the student.

The ST only wants to book the module.

How can i fix this or how is the best way in the SPRO or ABAP?

Please help,

Kind Regards,

César Felce

Edited by: Cesar Felce on May 18, 2010 12:00 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar?

I don`t know if I got exactly what you need, but despite that you run the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING without entering Program ID and Program Type in the IS_MRCONTEXT structure, the booking will be done.

In this case the booking will be created for the student, but the Usage infotypes of the correspondent CSs and ST won't be updated, as the system won't have the Programs and Program types to fill those infotypes.

If you are running the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING from a custom pogram, you should fill the IS_MRCONTEXT structure with Program and Program type data.

Diego

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar?

I don`t know if I got exactly what you need, but despite that you run the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING without entering Program ID and Program Type in the IS_MRCONTEXT structure, the booking will be done.

In this case the booking will be created for the student, but the Usage infotypes of the correspondent CSs and ST won't be updated, as the system won't have the Programs and Program types to fill those infotypes.

If you are running the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING from a custom pogram, you should fill the IS_MRCONTEXT structure with Program and Program type data.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego ,

I was trying to say that i don't see the logic in set the Program in the IS_MRCONTEXT, because the system should know that the ST OBJID has two or more PROGRAMS. Because thats why you use relations in the HRP1001.

I can't believed that i have to do a program, for something that the system allready knows about the ST. The doubt is that why i have to put the student to choose his program and his program type, if the module belongs to the two programs? Try to picture this scenario:

SC1 has program type A001

SC2 has program type B001

Then the student select the program SC1 and then select the wrong program type B001. And later he Booked the Modulo SM1 That could couse and inconsistency in the progression. Becuase the infotype HRP1724 and HRP1725 are with data that is not right.

So, I have to booked the moudle twice? The Student have to pay for it twice?

How can i solve this issue without making the program?

Thanks Diego

Edited by: Cesar Felce on May 18, 2010 2:20 AM

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cesar, now that I better understood the case I think you might be right, at least to some extent. Maybe someone from SAP may clarify the logic behind this.

I don't think that it will be necessary to make two module bookings, because SLCM won't let you do this for the same student to the same academic year and session. The second booking will be a change of the previous one. So the solution should be to update the usage infotypes for the two program types. I cannot check it right now, but I think the system does not do this automatically, as you are telling us, and maybe someone can give us a better idea of how to do it without the need of using a custom program.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply!

Are you suggesting that I have to report the error in SAP?

I was searching the market place for a note, but no luck!

Dou you know anyone that can analyze this?

Thanks again

Cesar Felce

0 Kudos

Dear Cesar,

Cancel the student booking from wrong program of study and register again in the right one.

No there is no need to charge him twice. If you have already run the fee calc for wrong booking, re-run it after canceling so that account can have zero balance.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cesar, I don't think it's an SAP error. What I think is that someone from SAP may clarify why SLCM is working this way, it should be a reason for that.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

thanks for the reply!

What i'm tryin to say is that one module belongs to 2 programs,

it is not a wrong booking, in fact they should be in the academic work for both program types and for both programs, so I can progress the module for academic year and period with the both program types. Because the student belongs to the two of the programs. They are active!

Try re-read the scenario above again. So that yu can give your a solution for this particular case.

Thanks,

Cesar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cesar,

Update /insert info-type 1725 using BADI 'HRPIQ00MODREG_UPDATE'. Or use Post processing frame work to update info-type 1725.

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Very helpfull answer!

Now if I implement the BADI, how i have to create the module for the next program, of course i can't use the HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING again!

Can i use the HRIQ_MODULE_BOOKING, so i can pass the same SE for both programs? or the HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_DT_RFC?

Another doubt that i have is that when the teacher set the grade for the student in PIQSMFU, how this is going to work for both Academic Work?

Kind Regards,

César Felce

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cesar, you don't have to create the module booking again. The booking is only one, as the module and academic year and session is the same. You just need to implement the BADI to detect this cases, and update the 1725 infotype when the Module Booking is performed. Or if you use Post Processing framework, you can call HRIQ_AW_INSERT_USAGE to update module usage infotypes at the time of module booking.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the reply i'm implementig the BADI right now so i can later use the HRIQ_AW_INSERT_USAGE.

Thanks again.

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat Singh,

The BADI work beatifully, i use some other standard module functions to make it work.

Thank you very much.

I would like to learn more, but in Venezuela the only SLCM implementation is in the university that I have been working for. I would like to do more consulting in other parts of the world. What can i do? Can i give you my CV?

Thanks again,

Cesar Felce

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Good to hear that the Badi is working for you! Can you share something about the way you use the module registrations? It is still by the customer developed webdynpro? As you probably know within Ehp4 we provide a standard Course Registration webdynpro (Ehp4 also provides the Post Processing Framework as described by Prabhat).

Is your university already on Ehp4 or planning to? If so then there is still a lot to do for you

More info Ehp4: [original link is broken]

Br,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q:Can you share something about the way you use the module registrations? It is still by the customer developed webdynpro?

A: Yes Rob, we still have the webdynpro developer. We can't upgrade now, we are studying this because our University rules change constantly. And we need good experts to implement this in Latin America.

Thanks for all your help.

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cesar,

Let me know if i can help you to implement this.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh