cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opportunistic Cross-Docking Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry if I cannot test this, but we need this information in order to make the recommandation to acquire EWM. We do not have it yet.

Here is the question : in the SAP documentation:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/3e/49503e30a9d549e10000000a114084/content.htm

Point 4.a.ii in the process flow says that " TO item contains the same material, quantity, plant and storage location as the putaway TO item to be created."

"SAME QUANTITY" is what I do not understand.....

If I have 3 open Picking TOs (quantity of 1 for each) for a material and I receive 5 on a PO, will the system create one putaway TO (quantity of 1 ) for each of those 3 open picking TOs ( to Goods Issue Area) and one Putaway TO ( to storage area ) for the 2 remaining ?

We are a manufacturing facility and we need to replace a system that cross dock everything missing or due in the short term when we receive.

Thanks,

Alain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per what I have observed, cross-docking happens in case of Full pallets. Usually TOs are created to pick full pallets or partial pallets. Also receiving happens in terms of Full pallets or partial pallets. If my receiving quantity is a full pallet quantity, then in case of opportunistic cross docking(Inbound to Outbound), it looks for possible open Pick TO items with same quantity(full pallet), cancels it and creates a cross dock TO from GR area to GI area for that outbound delivery.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was afraid that would be the answer.

IT matches the exact qty on Inbound Delivery with a TO with the exact same quantity on the Outbound side.

So are we confirming that it will not look at total qty being received on Inbound Delivery and fill an Outbound TO for part of that qty while receiving rest in Receipt area?

This is a critical issue for us making that decision.

Thanks again.