cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping tab works fine ,runtime exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Need some advice... I get a runtime messge mapping error ( system error) failing the substring logic although when i download the same payload and run in test tab it works fine. Has anyone encountered similar issue ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all make sure your objects are active, secondly if you think substring is creating the problem then for a while disable that mapping node and activate the mapping. Now perform end-to-end testing and see if you get the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

objects are active.Your second point is good ,but this error only happens when a load test is done , partciular messages throw runtime exception and fail in mapping on substring logic but when the same payload is downloaded and run via message mapping tabl it runs through. i will try disabling the substring logic nodes.

Secondly when i get a runtime exception ,i try to restart the same message and it goes thorugh successfully. So restarting in moni helps.... but does not explain why....

Thanks

Edited by: xi project on May 18, 2010 12:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

try claring the fulll cache using below url then try to test your scenario

http://hostname:javastackportnumber/CPAcache/refresh?mode=full

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested, have you cleared the full CPACache?

>but this error only happens when a load test is done

Can you explain what is load test method? Do you mean loading the data in RWB test tab?

>partciular messages throw runtime exception and fail in mapping on substring logic

It seems there is something wrong in your data because you said it is happening with particular set of data.

So, this means you don't always get the error message, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ...

Load test : using a extract created in some other SAP system sending data to PI.

If there is something wrong with data , why when i download the incoming payload from moni and run it via test tab in message map and Operation map ,it runs good.

Regards,

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can think of only one thing.. while load testing you system is getting too overloaded I guess..!! Can not comment on why exactly the error is coming but if it getting processed successfully, after reprocess, could be a bug..!!

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This might be due to Cache problems. Go to cache notifications in IR and update the cache. If problem still persists post the error message.

Regards

Ramg