Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Excel Data in OfficeControl

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have seen a few posts about loading SAP data from an internal table and downloading to Excel. But is there a way to refresh the Excel data without downloading?

Scenario: User uploads Excel sheet into WD4A app. A button is pushed on the Web Dynpro application and the data is refreshed in the Excel sheet.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The OLE2 functions in ABAP (which would allow this tight integration) seem to use the GUI to serve the OLE2 requests -

[ABAP/4 OLE Automation Controller|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/bcfesde6/bcfesde6.pdf]

so I don't think you could use these.

However, the OfficeControl UI element should allow you some sort of control. Check the doco there - looks like you could do some pretty interesting things if you had a macro in your spreadsheet to allow you to do them!

Although from your question you seem more to want to be able to parse an Excel spreadsheet from a download and then regenerate it with some fields changed - probably more a question to throw open to the ABAP forum

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Chris. Yes, I am familar with the old OLE automation techniques using ABAP. Just seems like you could do the same with WD for ABAP.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I just want to refresh the data in an existing spreadsheet using Web Dynpro for ABAP. The reason is the accountant already has all their formulas in a sheet of the workbook. They don't want to copy & paste each time they want to refresh the data sheet.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update 02/05/13:  Might be a way to do this using ABAP2XLS add-on.  I'm looking into it.