Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Multiple forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me here.

I am trying to use function modules FP_JOB_OPEN, FP_JOB_CLOSE,FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME and call generated function modules in one function module with in the loop and then reading the hex string of pdf. I am looping so that I can read the string for multiple form.

But hex string of pdf that i recieve is a single string for single form. This string contains details of the last record in the loop. I have also done the config setting for bundling record print in FPCONNECT. Should i do any other setting or set any of the parameter so that the function module using all these function module gets the pdf hex string for all the records in the loop..

Thanks

Santoshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajoy_saha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi,

I have a requrement to print multiple form . I want to append a smart form with another one. Two forms name will be different. And my program will run in foreground.

Can U please help me with elaborative description...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Ajoy

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you first convert the smartform, then concatenate and the save as PDF. All the details can be found in ABAP Printing, I believe. Regards Otto

p.s.: create your own question, do not hijack the questions of other people....

pp.ss.: use SEARCH before asking...

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhoshi,

If you got your issue resolved. Why cant you share the solution. Whether otto suggestion helped or mine helped. So share the information which can guide the other consultants.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you don´t want to call the form printing for multiple forms in one batch (loop inside open job and close job). I am not sure, but think you should open and close each job inside the loop or you will not get all the sources.

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks abhilas and Otto. I was able to resolve this issue.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please tell us how, so the people having the same problem in future will be able to understand how to resolve the problem without asking their own question. That is how we do it here. Thank you...

Regards Otto

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosi,

I think you need to move the data from export parameter of your calling FM(fm_name) to a internal table. Then loop that table and convert it to your format. Hoping this solves your problem.

Ex:

loop at itab_final.
call fm_name
importing
exporting
output = l_output.

append l_output to it_output.
clear l_output.

endloop.
That will give the pdfs as many records in itab_final.

loop at it_output.
do your converting.

endloop.