cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to adding a "standard" custom approver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

We have a requrement that the user needs to approve the last stage. I've been experimenting with custom field and adding <virsa_ae_wrkflapvr ID="ZTRAINEE" APPROVER="ZTRAINEE" wftype="AE"/> to the init_clean_snf_insert_data file. As far without success. Is it possible to adding a "standard" custom approver?

These users will be registred in UME through LDAP.

Kind Regards,

Vit Vesely

Edited by: Vit Vesely on May 17, 2010 9:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm really sorry about that. That is thre result of working 16h on just breakfast....

What I ment was is it possible to create a "custom" standard approver, not a "standard" custom approver.

I need to create an approver stage that where the provisioned user is the approver. Is it possible to create a custom field that automatically fetches the user id from the request, or manually by a text input?

Kind Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIt,

it is possible to create a custom field that automatically fetches the user id by using LDAP mapping concept.

What you can do this bycreate a custom fields in CUP of field type as text. Then Go to Configuration-> fields mapping-> LDAP mapping.

Now in additional field select the custom field in AC field and user id ( "sAMAccountName" in case of active directory ) in LDAP field.

Now when user login from end user form its information will come to CUP application userid will be also populated in the custom field that you have created.

If you want provisioned user to be the approver it is difficult to achieve but can be done by one solution In CUP apart from the standard approvers , you can create custom approver determanator. Configuration->Workflow->Custom Approver Determinator. It can be created on the basis of various CUP.attributes like request type, priority, role, custom fields etc. But you have define clearly in this if request has this value for this attribute than this will be the approver. So above created custom fields will have userid right. So you can create CAD for this custom fields. and than can define if User id is this then this is the approver. In you case if Custom field has values USER_NAME that Apprvoer is USER_NAME. All users in this case should exist in UME. Also CAD needs to be maintain for every user this will be tedious task. you can upload this by excel sheet also.

Hope that it would be helpfull..

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thank you for your valuable input. It is very much appreciated.

Because the user will new (only registred in (AD/UME), CAD is out of the question.

Do I understand you correct that using sAMAccountName to determine approver during runtime is not possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vit,

What I want to say that even though the user is new it has been registered in LDAP. So USERID will come from LDAP system with LDAP mappping that I have stated above and we trying to provisioning this user in the SAP system.

In LDAP field mapping we will map AC fields "Custom field " with LDAP fields named "sAMAccountName"

Now userid will be also populated in custom field.

Now create CAD on the basis of custom field.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definately agree with Srinivasan. This would be the easiest way to achieve what you are looking for. The user will have to be in LDAP for the user id to be populated. Is your UME connected to LDAP? If yes then you should be able to configure this easily.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alpesh,

I don't think I've been clear enough...

Let say we have a 2 stage workflow:

Manager Approval Stage

Trainee Approval Stage

Requestor USER_A is a new employee. He exist in UME through AD.

USER_A creates a request for provisioning.

Custom field TRAINEE populated with value "USER_A" (automatically or manually, dosen't matter really)

1. Manager Approves the request

2. USER_A is detemined as an approver with custom field TRAINEE and approves (his own) request

3. Auto provisioning done.

As far as I know, we have to register approvers to a CAD. But USER_A is a new employee, he is not registred as a CAD Appover. And I guess it is not possible to maintain such a table for all employees. Is this scenario possible?

kind regards,

Vit

Edited by: Vit Vesely on May 18, 2010 8:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vit,

Sorry for misunderstanding. This is an unique scenario so I am not able to think of a solution. Did you reach out to SAP support? Let me know @ your findings.

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm afraid this will not work - USER_A would also need the UME approver role.

What's the reason behind that - why do you want the requester to approve their own requests (didn't they do that by starting the request?).

You could have the fist stage re-route or forward to the requester, but you'd still need the role.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't see why you want to do that - maybe you can elaborate....

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We have a solution on paper:

We have a requirement where both the requestor needs provisioning to Q/A system, where the training takes place.

Roles are mapped 1:1 on PRD and Q/A. Provisioning to Q/A is solved by manual provisioning from CUP in the middle of the workflow. Upon provisioning basis team forwards the request to a trainer (which cannot be determined by CAD).

The requestor undergoes training on Q/A.

After successful training the trainer writes a comment that the requestor passed the training and forwards the request to requestor, which verifies the training by approval.

Last stage is Quality Assurance team that checks that the required sign-off is there. Upon approval auto-provisioning to PRD is done.

Phew...how that will work IRL is yet to see. And that was only the second half of the workflow.

This affects almost all workflows, because all provisioning to Q/A is manual. My client maintains all users on both Q/A and PRD 1:1.

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

UME will have AD as data source and all users will have an approval role . Do you have some other solution?

Kind Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vit,

I am not clear of what you are trying to achieve. Can you please elaborate? You can add custom field and custom approver determinator (CAD) in CUP easily.

Alpesh