cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Planning Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I want to know when we create sales order that from where transportation date system find, in case of forward scheduling.

Because I saw always system take current sales order date as transportation planning date in both cases in backward and forward scheduling in schedulieline of shipping tabpage.

Please guide me about this confusion

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Menu Path : IMG--> sales and distribution --> basic function --> Delivery Scheduling and Transportation Scheduling

Choose Maintain Duration

Left side screen --> Choose Routes

There you can maintain Transportation Time

Regards

Senya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes logically system will take the sales order date as the transportation planning date. Transportation planning date is the date on which transportation activities like deciding on the forwarding agent or transporter & other transport related functions are decided. This also involves which is the best route to follow, how much will be the transportation cost. So all these activities start after the sales order is saved. The system need not wait till the material is available to perform all these activities. Since these functions are independent of other activities, system will take the sales order date as transportation planning date.

regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can control scheduling by sales doc type & shipping point. Logical path - Logistic Execution-shipping-basic shipping function -scheduling-delivery scheduling & Transportation sch.

Regards,

Krishna O