Did you mean: 

Modifying JSP : remove search field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I'm new at JSP and especially ISA.

I Would like to modify this

organizer-content-product-search.jsp

So that the possibility to search on productnumber no longer is possible.

Can anybody help me out here ?

Best regards

Lars Henrik Andersen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, i don't know this file, but it should be no problem to comment/delete the section with the search functionality in the jsp...

if you're not sure what to do & the file isn't very large, post it here.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the drop down box with the available search critera should be filled by the folling lines of code

...<isa:iterate id="attributes" name="<%= InitQuickSearchAction.QS_COMMONATTRIBUTES_LIST %>"

type="com.sapmarkets.isa.catalog.impl.CatalogAttribute">

You might check in the class InitQuickSearchAction how this attribute is filled, overload the class with a custom Action class and change the struts-config accordingly.

If you are not only new to JSP but also to Java and Struts, this might be a bit heavy to start with.

Best Regards, Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

To "check in the class InitQuickSearchAction how this attribute is filled" requires you of course to decompile the Java class (just in case you try to look for it).

ISA is a bit of a beast in this sense. Without having a Java decompiler handy it is impossible to do any serious customization of the product. SAP could of course provide us with the class sources and make it just that much easier to use

A very good Java Decompiler for this purpose is DJ.

But as Astrid said, your question indicates that you are fairly new to all of this and hence it might be a bit of a task to start of with what she validly suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why decompiling ? If you have a valid ISA license you can get the source code, at least that's how it was with ISA 3.something ?!

But DJ is really great ! Not, that I would ever decompile class files, never ever.

Regardsk Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course we have never decompiled anything either...just heard rumours that people have done so when in lack of documentation of certain products or when tracing some product bugs 😜

Now, could someone validate that you get the source code for ISA 4?

Who did you Astrid contact to get the source code for the 3.x version?

Cheers,

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalle,

we got the sources from our client who owns the license, we are only the IT service provider.

The client got it from the development people from SAP.

Regards, Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simplest way is making this:

-

-

Be observed that you must put the 'name' of product name in your language

. Example: spanish = "número", if english = "number".

Hope that helps!!

Best regards!

Antonio.

P.D.: Click on the yellow star? Thanks!! jejeje

Ooops! You must put the post as question to see the yellow star.

Message was edited by: Antonio Dominguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

After I have been strugling with this problems for a while I ended up with this solution :

-

<% String theDescription = InitQuickSearchAction.getAttributeDescription( pageContext, thePrefix, attributes);

<%-- MO0006 Remove : if (theDescription != null ) {

--%>

<%-- MO0006 Start Insert : --%>

if (theDescription != null && attributes.getName().compareToIgnoreCase("OBJECT_ID") != 0) {

<%-- MO0006 End Insert : --%>

%>

<% if (null == iqs ) { %>

-

Best regards and thanks for all Your answers

Lars Henrik Andersen