Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Solution Manager on Oracle 10g / AIX 6.1 - Oracle Patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question.

I'm on a project to install ERP 6.0 and I will start installing Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1, through no fault, the project is long overdue and urgently need the Solution Manager for the team project starts.

The SAP platform is AIX 6.1 / Oracle 10.2.0.4. When I'm installing the central instance of Solution Manager, where the process to install Oracle Database Software Installation, then Current Patch Set (10.2.0.4) and lastly Required Interim Patches, which would be the point 4.7.4 of the Installation Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 including SAP Enhancement Package 1 on AIX - Oracle, can jump this last step (Required Interim Patches) and install these patches later ????? O is mandatory to install the Interim Patches to continue installing of SM.

Thanks a lot.

Desiré

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not recommend to skip applying interim patches as it leads to many bugs in your system. For better functioning of the system and to avoid future errors, apply all interim patches.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rafael and Sunny for the replay

But his experience in the installation of the Interim Patches for AIX is better run with Opatch or MOPatch?

Thanks guys.

Desiré

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Desirée

If you take a look at the note, Oracle/SAP have change the patches policy.

Currently there is only ONE "patch" to be installed.

It is called a SAP patch Bundle (or something like that)

It contains the latest PSU, and all required SAP individual patches.

It must be installed with Mopatch.

it has been released the 10th of this month.

This can facilitate the task of installing patches (only one to "take care off"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fidel Hi.

Thanks for your response and comments. I perform the installation with MOPatch, I hope everything goes ok.

Regards

Desiré

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Desirée,

I would recommend to you to apply all the Oracle patches; but ALL patches in note 1137346.

Point 4.7.4 talks about note 871096, that is for 10.2.0.2...

If you apply all the patches, and set the correct parameters (note 830576) you will obtain better performance and avoid many bugs. In any case, You can skip this point if you want...

Best regards,

Rafael