Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS service do not work in Windows Mobile 6.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to acces the following URL:

https://myserver.domain.com/sap/bc/ping

from a scangun ( Symbol ), running Windows Mobile 6.1 and using Internet Explorer provided.

It does not work, I always get a dialog with message:

"The web site you want to view requests identification. Select the certificate to use when connecting."

But there is an empty box, so I cannot select any certificate and canceling the dialog goes to an error page: "The page cannot be displayed (...) Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer"

- I'm able to run this URL from a Desktop computer browser without problems, so HTTP is working fine on server side.

- I can reach the SAP logon screen using the Opera browser because it can import the certificate without problems. But Opera has other problems that prevent the application to be used.

- Certficate for server generated in STRUSTSSO2 ( SSL server Standard ) has been correctly imported in the mobile device.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Joan B. Altadill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Maybe importing the certificate in IE manually will help.Please see IE help on how to import certificate and check your device where the certificate is stored.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which certificate ? I have tried the following:

- Trans. STRUSTSSO2, selected 'SSL standar Server' and exported the certificate in binay format. No problem importing it into Windows Mobile 6.1, I can see that is a valid certificate ( not trusted ) but Internet Explorer does not recognize it.

- Open a bsp application through https in a Desktop PC browser, IE 8 for example. Export the certificate from de browser ( default values, .cer file ). Also importing the certificate into Windows Mobile 6.1 works fine but again Internet Explorer does not use it.

I think that this is a configuration problem in Windows Mobile. Any help here ?

Regards,

Joan