Adobe form integrated with WDA Application- hanging on click of button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

These are my specifications -

SAP Netweaver release - 701 Level -05

ADS Version - 802.20090618120017.572641

Version of ZCI script - 802.20090115091137.519569.519537

When I click on the submit button, the wait symbol ( a circle) keeps on coming and then after 600 secs, a connection time out occurs. We have applied note 1223121 to our system and this dint help.

I have looked at the other posts in this forums too, however dint get much help. Please advise how to proceed. We are running out of ideas here.

Appreciate your help! Thanks

Regards, Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you actually using the ISR controls on your form? Not just a plain old button? Also is that control library up to date?

You should see script in the mouse down and click event for the button on the Interactive form. Mouse down sets the "event" and click actually passes it via script. I have seen where the button used/had "old" script in there (ie. not updated for ZCI).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to get the trace file. These are my observations -

I got the foll. entries - Got a message from Adobe "Got a message from Adobe Reader: zciVersion 1: 800....". Also Entries containing "sendDataToServer" and "responseFromServer" are also present.

The only error I could see is in the last line -

16:45:33.892 EventHandler.js(285) : onXmlHttpResponse : Delta response could not be loaded.

Another thing to note is the repeated occurance of the foll. statements in the end-

16:42:34.670 BrowserWindow.js(431) : onfocusin : Focus

16:42:35.045 BrowserWindow.js(478) : checkForLostFocus : Blur

16:42:35.045 BrowserWindow.js(488) : checkForLostFocus : fire lsfocuslost

16:43:28.719 BrowserWindow.js(431) : onfocusin : Focus

16:43:29.923 BrowserWindow.js(478) : checkForLostFocus : Blur

16:43:29.939 BrowserWindow.js(488) : checkForLostFocus : fire lsfocuslost

16:44:13.935 BrowserWindow.js(431) : onfocusin : Focus

16:44:15.827 BrowserWindow.js(478) : checkForLostFocus : Blur

16:44:15.874 BrowserWindow.js(488) : checkForLostFocus : fire lsfocuslost

I was wondering if you have encountered any issue like this.

Hi Chris,

No I dont have the ISR controls. Its a simple button. The button lies on the View. There is no button on the form so there is no script that I can check. Hope I understood what you were saying.

All, pls. advise if you have encountered this issue before.

Thanks in advance. Liz

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the submit button code here so that others can analyze it and also check with your BASIS folks to see if there is any issue in connection between the servers for eg: from Portal to ECC.

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

The focus statements in the trace are irrelevant.

But somebody/something is lying here:

You state that the version of the ZCI script is "802.20090115091137.519569.519537", the trace states that the version is "800..." (unfortunately, you cut off the minor part of the version string from the trace).

Has your ABAP stack been upgraded recently and the JAVA stack with the ADS running at has not been upgraded (e.g. ABAP 701 SP05, JAVA 700 SP15)?

Ralf

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder, Ralf, where did you learn this stuff? It´s like a black magic for me:)) My respect! Otto

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because he is from SAP....

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can´t see the flag;)) But appreciate the help. Otto

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most often when you get smart questions/answers it has to be SAP or someone closely associated with SAP, and after spending so many days on SCN it's not difficult to guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

You are right. As per the advise of my basis team out 7.01 release SPS 05 was equivalent to 7.00 release SPS 16. So we applied a patch which actually downgraded the script. It was just a try since we dint know how to solve our issue. Thats the reason the trace shows 800.2008 ...

Sorry about that.. i should have mentioned it before. You were right. With my specs, there is no other config required. We have removed the patch and the script is upto date now.

Here is the good news - I was loading a large amount of data in the form in the WDOINIT method. When I reduced the data load, the submit button worked ! So I have a workaround to get the data into my form and this works now!!

But I would like to thank you as I could get the trace files and atleast analyse that it was looking good. There is no information about this and also about the other steps you have given in other threads. I am looking forward for a good blog.

Thanks so much! Regards, Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I am trying to set a trace on my WDA application and am trying to follow these steps -

Check the tracefile (available from SAP NetWeaver 700 SP19): Add "&sap-wd-clientDebug=X" to the application URL and open the trace by typing <CTRL><ALT><SHIFT>T (see note 999998 too).

I have added - &sap-wd-clientDebug=X to the application URL . I am not sure how I can open the trace by typing -"<CTRL><ALT><SHIFT>T ". If I put this key combination, nothing is happending.

Please advise if anyone has encountered this issue before. Thks, Liz

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

To be honest, I'm also running out of ideas. Your configuration is ok and there is no such problem known for this release/SP. I think it's time to open a support message.

Client trace (&sap-wd-clientdebug=X): That's the trace of the Web Dynpro framework. The trick is to type the key combination with a "native" Web Dynpro UI element (like an input field) focused: The Adobe Reader "eats up" this key combination if focused, i.e. the Reader doesn't forward this key combination to Web Dynpro. If your Web Dynpro application consists of an interactive form only, click a few pixel beside (or above) the Reader plugin and try again. Copy the whole content of the trace window and append it to the support message.

What about the ADS trace files? They should be included in the interactive form (PDF): Click on the paper clip icon in the navigation pane of the Reader and see if there's a list of files appended. Save the interactive form (including the ADS traces) and append it to the support message too.

Ralf