cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The definition of the READ RFC to the managed system could not be found. Pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i try to setup a managed system on our Solution manager for E2E Analysis... but the Setup gave me a sort of errors

The definition of the READ RFC to the managed system could not be found. Please make sure to run the RFC creation assistant in SMSY, as described in setup documentation

and

No RFC Read User (SOLMANSOX001 or SM_SID) was found at ABAP Host=HOST sys=00 client=001 for roles assignment. Please make sure you have run the RFC creation assistant for this system, in SMSY. If a user name different from the default 'SM_<SID>' or 'SOLMAN<SID><CLIENT>' was specified in the SMSY RFC creation assistant, you need to assign by hand the following roles & profiles to the Read RFC User : SAP_SATELLITE_E2E (role), S_AI_SMD_E2E (profile)

So which documentation means the setup where is described how to create the RFC Destinations with SMSY.. Thanks

Regards

Edited by: Bjoern Bayerschmidt on May 17, 2010 5:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually Pauls right - the help.sap.com has complete documentation for this now - probably for version ST 400 onwards

For 3X I used to refer heavily to the guides

It looks to me like this therefore is completely configured in SMSY under clients tab for the system you want to connect to

Best wishes

Stuart

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The documentation is located at [Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/b3/64c33af662c514e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Then navigate Basic Settings > Solution Manager System Landscape > Create Systems > Generate RFC Connections

You can:

Assign an existing RFC destination to a client with Assign and Check RFC Destinations.

Generate RFC destinations for your managed systems

Change existing RFC connections.

Delete RFC destinations.

Resolve RFC Generation Errors

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,

Paul

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bojern

As far as I am aware RFCs are created in SMSY RFC Setup Wizard

or SOLMAN_SETUP transactions (- also there is a Generate RFC button in clients tab for every System in SMSY)

- note 831535 might help provide further details

Each RFC usually has a certain naming convention used by the application (in automatically created RFCs)

Certain RFCs may contain an RFC user defined or assigned, this user may

require certain authorizations depending on the nature of the RFC

Certain RFCs may require your own user (used to create the RFC) to have certain authorizations

Please check configuration and operations guides at www.service.sap.com/solutionmanager for further documentation

Best wishes

Stuart