cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA & PD update in one shot . ---Possible ?

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

We want to update employee group, employee subgroup, and personnel area, personnel subarea in PA and to the position in OM. From the manageru2019s stand point, this needs to be posted as a single transaction . Is it possible to achieve it in "Design timeu201D ?

Please advice .

Thanks.

Saquib Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes very possible. One hint/tip.... You will need to use an Advanced Generic Service as well.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what I also thought, because I saw one of the thread you`ve answered in the past. I have to read documentation on u201CAdvanced Generic Service ".

FYI -

Canu2019t wait to see your blog on it How to update PA and PD service in one shot 

Thanks Chris!

Saquib

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it perfect? I wouldn't say that but it does work. We got it to work in both directions. Our 'unique' client has the brilliant idea of having the same HR function (Job Change) to be initiated by the Employee or the Position. So we created 2 services, 1 with the start object of position (so we use SAP_PD as the start object and use SAP_PA to update the employee); and 1 with the start object of the employee (so vice versa).

Both work just fine but again, you have to WANT to know how to make it work. It required some nights of debugging to see what's needed in order to make them both work together. It's easier than I'm making it sound though. Which is why I say, do the work, put the time in, and you should be able to figure it out no problem.

Derrick

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Derrick!! I will definitely spend some time on it .

Have a nice weekend!

Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can simply add SAP_PA and SAP_PD to the same service. At first I thought this would be difficult but after a little 'poking around', it was quite easier than I thought. Just play around a bit and I'm sure you're stumble upon the solution but there is no need to introduce an Advanced Service to update both PA and PD infotypes.

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually just reviewed someone elses' new position/transfer process. They had both the SAP_PA and SAP_PD calls within the same process (form scenario). It worked quite well. I was impressed even. haha

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You lucky ! I wish I had found same

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helps to know the right people in the HCM P&F inner circles. hahahahaha KIDDING!

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I heard the PA and PD process on EHP4 is not stable ? It has got some issues? Issues what issues? I dunno but that what I heard one of the guys in our team . He said, we are better off coding Generic BADI and read PD stuff in there ( like we used to Do in EHP3). It is more stable then EHP4 PD service .

Personally I think, PD service on EHP4 is slickly and hell ya you should know how to call PA and PD process in your process.

What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks.

Saquib