cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping not sufficiently defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting an error Mapping not sufficiently defined when I tried to activate maping.

I deleted the mapping and tried to activate the remaining objects. I still get the error that " Mapping not sufficiently defined "

Why would I get thwe error when I deleted mapping and started to activate the remaining objects ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the mapping you have defined for each of the target node,

Are you missing out any filed unmapped?open each of the target fields and see if you can see any unmapped field.map it and activate.

see if you have mapped the attributes and segments to some value (like "")

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked all that. I deleted the mapping and tried to activate the data types and message types, still I get the same eerror.

How can i get the error " mapping not defined sufficiently " when I have deleted mapping and try to activate DT and MT ?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After deleting the mapping object, did you activate the changes in your change list?

Try activating after you delete it and then activate the data type and message type.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Also check whether any enumerations are defined.Like for a particular field whether any restrictions in the value it can hold.

Regards,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried. I get the same error

Whats funny is its not even showing my correct mapping name.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try the classical way, Log out and re-login and try again?

Did you check if there any other un-activated maps whch are incomplete?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if there any other un-activated maps whch are incomplete?

How do I check that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your cache is update.

As you mentioned you have deleted the MM.. so check for that entry if it is activated(in IR ..env- cache update)

If not activate mannualy .

After that create the mapping again with the MI's

regards,

Srinivas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to your change list and see list of ojbects and activate one by one. I mean first datatypes , messgae type and schema and mapping and interface mapping...do not activate all the objects at time..try to finish from down to up all the obejcts so that you can activate your object without any isssue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that all your target mandatory fields are mapped first and also check the occurences.

Regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check you message mapping whether all mandatory (1-1 0r 1-unbounded) target fields are mapped with source!!

Regards

Ramg