Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users be assigned to a role in a CUA child system PFCG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

Once CUA is set up, can we assign users to any role in the child system PFCG? If so, I think it is

contradictory to CUA idea.

In my previous CUA project, I did not think about this question. Now I have no CUA system to verify my thought.

Thanks if you can help verify and let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP CZ,

No you can't assign role to users by PFCG to child systems. This functionality only availale via SU01 and SU10 t.code.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers:)

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP CZ,

No you can't assign role to users by PFCG to child systems. This functionality only availale via SU01 and SU10 t.code.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers:)

0 Kudos

Thanks!

However I remember that I could maintain roles at child systems' PFCG.

Therefore you mean that USER tab in child systems' PFCG is disabled once CUA is configured?

I have no CUA system to verify. Thanks if you can help verify.

Regards!

0 Kudos

Hi,

No User tab is enable but System Id field is not available for you to assign user for child system.

But you can assign user to role by PFCG only to local system. for example only in CUA.

Hope this is clear

0 Kudos

It really depends on how you have CUA configured via SCUM. Normally you'd want your parent CUA system to manage all role changes but you could set the option in SCUM to allow role/user changes in child systems.

Dave Wood