cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading wrong SNP PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team:

When I run heuristics, the most active SNP PPM is not being selected as the most current source of supply.

Here is the scenario:

I have a current SNP PPM that is valid for 24 months - we will call this SNP PPM version 1. Our production horizon is 4 months. I run multi-level heuristics and create SNP Planned orders for the next 24 months. This part is ok. Let's now say that our engineering group then decides that in 6 months, a new SNP PPM will be created. So today, we create a new SNP PPM that will be active in 6 months - we will call this version 2. I then re-run multi-level heuristics hoping that version 2 will be the source of supply for SNP Planned orders starting in 6 months. This does not happen. Our problem is that this does NOT automatically occur. What we have to do today, is delete all SNP Planned orders and then re-run heuristics to make sure that version 2 is used in 6 months. We should not have to do delete all existing SNP Planned orders because heuristics should re-schedule SNP planned orders outside that are outside with the proper SNP PPM. Why is this not happening?

We did notice that the SNP Planned orders have the PP-Firmed flag turned on. I read the documentation about how an SNP Planned order is firmed but it doesn't make sense to me. Especially when it says that all SNP Planned orders outside of the production horizon is firmed. SNP PLanned orders that our outside of the production horizon should not have the PP-firmed flag turned on. This defeats the purpose of running heuristics.

Please help.

Kind regards,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Unfortunately, its a little confusing to understand your issue.

As a rule of thumb, make sure that based on Validity of Lot Sizes, Validity of Dates, Priority and Cost, both your PPMs should be different. In other words, ensure that within the required planning horizon the system has a clearly demarcated option for picking up one PPM over the other. If all the conditions for qualifying are satisfied by both the PPMs, the first PPM would be used.

Secondly, the SNP Planned orders outside the SNP Production Horizon should not be FIXED. The stock transfers created outside SNP PH are FIXED. Please again check and onfirm if you have read it right.

Thirdly, you say that when you manually delete all the existing orders and run heuristics, SNP PPM2 is used. But, if you run it without deleting the existing orders, craeted by SNP PPM1, the orders renmain untouched. Can you confirm, if in this case NEW orders are created with SNP PPM1 or the orders remain untouched? Are you running the heuristics interactively or in background. If in background make sure you take into account net change planning .

confirm.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team:

Thank you for the input so far. I have also changed the validity date to begin from today to end in 6 months for version 1. I have also changed the validity date of version 2 to start in 6 months and end in 12/31/9999. They should not be crossing over and multi-level heuristics should take care of the re-planning.

These are for planned orders outside of the SNP Production Horizon. Also, when I run multi-level heuristics interactively, it should do a complete regeneration for all planned orders. This is how we have it set up in the global settings for heuristics.

kind regards,

Dave

Edited by: David Corbin on May 18, 2010 5:04 PM

Edited by: David Corbin on May 18, 2010 5:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team:

I have also attached the response that I have sent to OSS.

Kind regards,

SNP PPM version 1 is valid until 12/31/2010

SNP PPM version 2 is valid from 1/1/2011 to 12/31/9999

Dave

This does not make sense to me. Heuristics should re-plan an SNP

Planned orders that are outside of the Production Horizon. I have a

perfect example in QAP that you can look at. Again, the APO system is

QAP and the R3 system is SDA.

Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. Login to QAP which is application server "mpswsrv022t"

2. Login to QAP using the connection information provided above.

3. Execute transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94.

4. Use selection profile DWC INVESTIGATE

5. Use Planning book HCP_SNP_PB1

6. Use Dataview SNP_PLAN4

7. Double click on DWC_INVESTIGATE.

8. Load material 76290-13 for location CLD

9. Scroll over in the dataview until you see buckets 12/20/2010 and

1/10/2011 in the same screen.

10. In the production planned key figure for period 12/20/2010, right

click on the quantity 105,000 and then "DISPLAY DETAILS".

11. Notice how there is not a supply source for order number 6141164.

This should be pointing to the SNP PPM 76290-13 VERSION 1 which

is active until 12/31/2010.

12. In the production planned key figure for period 01/10/2011, right

click on the quantity 420,000 and then "DISPLAY DETAILS".

13 Notice how there is not a supply source for order number 6141163.

This should be pointing to the SNP PPM 76290-13 VERSION 2 which

is active until 12/31/9999.

14. Click on the change button then run multi-level heuristics.

15. Check the details again like we did in step 10 and step 12 -

Nothing happened. This is the problem!!!!

When re-running Multi-level heuristics, this should re-plan using the

correct SNP PPM's. It is not doing that. This is a bug. I should

NOT have to delete all planned orders outside of the production horizon

and re-do that. Also, when I look at those planned orders in R3 in

step 11 and 13, the planned orders ARE using the correct production

versions. So my question again is why are they not using the correct

SNP PPM's in APO but they are using the correct production versions in

R3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have 2 SNP ppms valid for some overlapping time, and hence system selects the ppm 1 first.

Will you please check interactively manully trying to create a SNP order ( after when first ppm validity finishes) as to if both SNP PPMs are shown as available ?

Is system recoganizing that there is second SNP PPM and the first one is not valid after few specific months .

You might have done this already, but, please check that secod PPM is available in the model work area (/SAPAPO/SCC07).

Regards

Datta