Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and trigger

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where data records are sent via ABAP proxy one by one and they are written into a target file ( APPEND MODE )

There is another interface trigger coming from the same SAP system and a seeprate trigger file is generated on the target.

Here the requirement is only after all the data records are appended to the target file , the trigger file should be generated.

But issue is sometiones the data records take time to get appended to the target file and in the meantime the trigger file is generated.

..i went through a below blog which allows EOIO in sender proxy..but i wonder whether it will allow serialilsation even when the target records are written by the receiver adapter

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

Edited by: Tarang Shah on May 17, 2010 7:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ..i went through a below blog which allows EOIO in sender proxy..but i wonder whether it will allow serialilsation even when the target records are written by the receiver adapter

Yes, it will allow serialisation and will prevent to second file to be written before the first file is finished.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for the reply appreciate it.

Just to summarise.

I have two interfaces ... interface 1 where messages(through ABAP proxy ) are continuously sent and appended to target file.

interface 2 where a single trigger message ( through ABAP proxy ) is sent after all the above messages of interface 1 are sent.

So If I use the Queue concept in the blog mentioned ... I will have to use the same Queue ID in both the driver ABAP programs of interface 1 and interface 2 ...so that both of them are sent in EOIO fashion in the same queue.

Let me know if this is correct

Edited by: Tarang Shah on May 17, 2010 8:16 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So If I use the Queue concept in the blog mentioned ... I will have to use the same Queue ID in both the driver ABAP programs of interface 1 and interface 2 ...so that both of them are sent in EOIO fashion in the same queue.

>

> Let me know if this is correct

This is correct. In the ABAP proxy code you assign the same queue id for both interfaces.

Then you can be sure, the file is written in correct order, no parallel append to the file will corrupt it and the trigger file is written only when the file is completed.

Answers (0)