cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery between storage locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My customer create delivery (from s.loc A) and want to transfer the material to another storage location (B) for other checks instead of deliver to customer .

I search for:

1. Movement type that does the transfer between 2 s.loc (to define in the schedule line) ?

2. Where I define in the delivery the s.loc that receive the stock (s.loc B) ?

I try movement type 311 but it's doesn't work.

If you have any idea to transfer from s.loc to WBS in the same s. location (like movement type 412 Q) I will happy to know.

Regards

Amnon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. see below:

1. Movement type that does the transfer between 2 s.loc (to define in the schedule line) ?

Mov type 311.

Use 312 to rev the same.

2. Where I define in the delivery the s.loc that receive the stock (s.loc B) ?

I try movement type 311 but it's doesn't work.

Mov type 311. It works. I did it just now.

In delivery u can assign Sloc at item level near plant column.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1. In 311 it move from storage location which define in the delivery (near plant column) to the SAME storage location & i wand to move it to another storage location.

2. When look at material document i get the warning : "Check table 156T: entry E 311 _ L does not exist".

In customize movement type (OMJJ) i can't add option in "update control".

Thanks

Amnon

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In normal circumstances, MB1B with movement type 311 would be used to transfer materials from one storage location to another storage location within same plant.

Hence, not sure, for what scenario, you had posted this question.

You can try with this.

Click on IMG -> Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Set up Stock Transport Order -> Set up Stock Transfer between Storage Locations -> Activate Stock Transfer between Storage Locations

Here you can specify the storage location

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In MB1B you have the option to enter 2 storage location (sender & receiver).

In delivery you have only the sender. i search the point to fill the receiver.

Thanks

Amnon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amnon

You should be using either of the following

T-Code MB1B with Mov. Type 311

Or Use T-Code MIGO with Transfer Posting Others with Mov. Type 311.

Why do you want to use Delivery and receipt between storage locations?

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I explain the process again:

I create sales-order to my customer.

After i produce it, the commodity delivered between some storage location in my company around the world.

The logistic manager wants to close the reservation and don't want to see the sales order in MRP process (MD04).

My idea is to create deliveries which transfer the commodity from finish goods storage location to another storage location which is not relevant to MRP and after the commodity return i will create another sales order to deliver its to my customer and create invoice.

I can't success in create delivery transfer between 2 storage locations in the same plant.

Do you have any advice?

Amnon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U mean u want to create a delivery where the stock is taken from Storage loc A & put in Storage loc B.

So u can not use MB1B , 311 for this.

wat will happen is in standard system mov type 601 is there. When u do PGI for delivery then it will take stock from sat Storage loc A(stock will reduce). Now Standard SAP assumes that when PGI is done the goods are sent to customer.

I after PGI u want the goods to go in Storage loc B then once u complete PGI just do MB1C for the material , Mov type 561.

To sum up

Sales Order-Delivery-PGI (The stock will reduce in Sto. Loc A)-MB1C (stock will be put in Storage Loc B)

Now create new sales order-Delivery (now give storage loc B as stock is now in Sloc B)-PGI

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If we create two deliveries and goods issues for the same customer, will it not debit the customer by double the quantity ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amnon,

try the following.

use MIGO - transfer posting - mvt type 311.give from and to same plant and different storage locations .give the quantity and post.

the goods will move from sending location to recieving location.this u can confirm by checking in MMBE.