cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Availability Date Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a business scenario where a sales order creation should trigger the automatic generation of a delivery, (via customising of the order type). The default setting is to create the delivery if the order quantity can be confirmed for the same date. I am aware that schedule lines are calculated usiong forward scheduling or backward depending on the material availability calculated. There is no pick/pack, loading time etc, so technically the material availability date should be calculated for the same date as the order is created. However I have experienced instances where the material availability date is calculated for one day after the order is created (creation date + 1) and therefore the delivery is not created. This also happens in a situation where there is sufficient stock available. There is no route determination, pick pack time, transit time or any other requirement associated with this delivery scheduling?

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was that the factory calendar had a date incorrectly indetified as a non-work day

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto to VOV8 - Maintain Sales Order Types

click Details for your sales order type

check the field Lead time in days is maintained 1

If so remove and save

try to create new sales order

Regards

Senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey gary,

please check the material master whether u've maintained any lead time for the product it should have been one day from there only system will pick creation + 1 day ,in mrp view.

also addressing to ur other problem that stock is there but system is not confirming,

reschedule those sales orders via v_v2

check n revert

mohit singh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in material master whether any value is maintained for

a) GR processing and

b) In-house production

which you can see in MRP views.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u did config in Sales Doc Type as "Immediate Delivery"=X

Ur problem is sometimes the confirmation is happening on current day +1 day

One reason might be Factory calendar. If its holiday then it confirms on next working day.

hope this helps.