cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin User locked in ADS Visual Admin - how to unlock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

I have a problem I hope you can help me. In my ADS Visual Admin the Administrator user is locked. I read about the possibility of an emergency user, that is enabled through UME - but my company doesnt use UME. Is there another way of opening the user?

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Soren

Edited by: Soeren Friis Pedersen on May 17, 2010 2:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gagan Deep,

I have already read that one but we dont have UME. I want to know if theres another way of enabling the emergency user.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you tried this?

I hope it should work , i understand you ar eusing UME with LDAP so it should work.

Revert on this.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soren,

but my company doesnt use UME.

i am not getting to your above statement, can you elaborate it bit more.

Thanks

Anil

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anil, you are mixing two technologies. ADS, do you mean active directory server from Microsoft? Visual admin is a tool for the management of a SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java. You cannot use visual admin to manage an ADS. Now, are you having trouble logging on as administrator on AS Java or starting an AS Java? or is there some problem with your ADS?

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gagan Deep, Michael,

Yes it is the ADS (Adobe Document Server) Visual Admin tool which is causing me problems, due to a locked out administrator account.

I think I resolved the problem though. I was a bit confused about the "UME" way of doing the opening of the emergency user. I was told by a collegue that "we dont use UME, we used LDAP" which was why i thought i couldnt open the emergency user the way i read in the note i found and that Mr. Gagan Deep linked. I tried Gagan Deep's approach and I got access to the DB and got to release the emergency user. So when I have my next maintenance window ill unlock the administrator user.

Thanks all for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Soren

Edited by: Soeren Friis Pedersen on May 19, 2010 8:49 AM