Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCA Problem - No agent installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently i installed SMD agent on Sloution Manager (SP 17).When i go through

Diagnostic Setup ->Manged System -> Setup wizard -> No SMD agent found.

while i go through smdadmin.sh its showing running.

See log file

[Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException:

there are no access points for service: P4 registered on the message server]

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Surendra Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Surendra,

If you have a clustered system, it is necessary to choose option "Lookup HTTP Connection via Message Server" which means the message server provides a list of available servers for connection.

If you have only one server node, you can simply choice option "Direct P4 connection via J2EE Dispatcher Node" and SMD Agent will connect to port 50000+<Instance Number> directly.

I hope this information is helpful in resolving this problem.

Regards,

Paul

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

You need to install SMD agents in managed system host, not on solution manager host.

Regards,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rohan,

I installed smd agent on both managing server and managed system.

Managing server Steps : Installed SMD Agent, SLD Configuration,Wily Introscope

Managed System : SMD agent installation.

Any suggestion kindly update me

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Surendra,

My earlier post I indicated what the problem is that causes the error message you reported and what you need to do to fix it.

Did you specify the options correctly when you installed the diagnostic agent on the managed system?

There are two options depending if you have a cluster or not. Did you select the correct option during instllation?

If not, re-install specifying the correct option. See my post above for option details.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear paul,

Now I am able to connect agent on managing system itself. can you tell me how can connect

managed system like (R/3 Quality,Development servers) to managing system (SOLMAN).

Thnk & Regards

Surendra Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra Jain

If you are talking about adding the Managed system ID to the Solman SMD ,,,,,, then you need to configured the SLD bridg

for that systems to the solman local SLD and once the data is available in the SMSY for that system then later you need to run the Solman_Setup >> Managed System Setup wizard for that managed system.

Best Regard

Jai Wardhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surendra Jain

This is very common issue reported with the Agent Installation. In order to address this please follow these points below.

1.) Make sure the right agent is installed as per note 1365123 , the attached file Agent_Installation_Strategy.ppt

with this SAP Note will give very clear picture how and what version of Agent you need to Install on your system.

2.) Regarding the error access point for service: P4 registered on the message server please refer to the page no 18 - 19

from this PDF file which you can download using this link below.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet? SHORTKEY=01100035870000703907&SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_OBJECT=002007974700000409092009E

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan