cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send IDoc from External System to SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to send IDocs from an external system to the SAp system. Basically the external system is a subsystem which is able to send & receive idocs. The external system is currently able to send idocs to SAP system through the ALE layer but now we have to replace it by PI. Now the external system has to send teh IDocs to the SAP ECC system through the SAP PI 7.0.

Kindly let me knowq how I can achieve it.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I come across similar type of scenario. we are using SAP XI as middleware to connect external sap system to our ECC system.

Is it possible to connect external sytem via ALE settings? I mean in discussion it was mentioned that replace sending side with ALE and in the receiver end use IDOc channel. my questions are:

1. in the external system do we need to create one RFC destination which will point to our XI system and similarly do I hve to create one RFC dest to point ext system.

2. Do i need to create port in idx1

3. In case of inbound scenario means idoc coming from ext system, I believe i do not need to create sender agreement beacuse IDOC being used

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can achieve this requirement

1)If your external system going to support web service cals then send IDoc from External system as a web service, in PI use sender side SOAP and receiver side IDoc receiver channel to send IDoc.

or

2)Use proxy program ,implement the same ALE logic in PI.

or

3)Copy the Extenal IDoc message in to file folder as XML,then use file adapter to pick up this message and send it SAP using IDoc.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

These are the adapter we thought of going with earlier but all these options are already ruled out as the customer wants to the tRFC to be used. They are emphasizing on using the RFC or the IDoc adapter. Is it possible to achieve this using IDoc adapter.

Once again thanks....

Regards,

santosh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then go for second option, use IDoc adapter in Target side. and implement ALE logic and sender side.

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it can be acheived easily. Only change is now your externel system would point to XI instead of R/3. and XI would take care of sending it to R/3. So yours is IDoc to IDoc scenario.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Is it possible ?

What exactly they need to do.... can you pls elaborate....

It'll be a great help.

Regards,

Santosh

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check configuration setting (similar to RFC destination) at sender how the external system was initially pointing to R/3. In the same fashion, you need to create connection to XI. Could you let us know what is the external system .

Regards,

Sunil Chandra