cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIM, range 2 week like 200GB transfer data from a 800GB system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I create the scenario TIM from 01.05 to today the system show me on the step Display Data Transfer (Optional ) 200GB ....

We have only 800GB data in our system and the transaction DBACOCKPIT -> History show me our system grow up only with 10GB per Month ???

Gave TDMS a wrong information.

How could i now know how many GB TDMS will transfer i have only 100GB free space....

and one question more if i have not enough free space TDMS fill and after 100GB Dump ?

Thanks for feedback

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two things -

First: TDMS doesnt do a sharp cut from the chosen date, to maintain consistency of data it sometimes have to fetch some historical data also.

Second: Some tables are not reduced at all, they need to be transfered in full to maintain consistency and for system to work fine.

So although your data may be growing less for a period but TDMS may transfer data of higher size.

Best regards,

Pankaj.

Edited by: Pankaj Aggarwal on May 17, 2010 4:17 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for feedback i will check the Z-Table

suman_pr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lou,

Just adding to all the inputs above, you could also consider the reducing / not transferring the large Z tables via the activity Maintain Table Reduction activity in the process tree.

Regards,

Suman

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you think that ALL master data (and all customizing) is copied in TDTIM, that should be enough to understand that you can't just use your 10Gb monthly figure to estimate space. Also, I don't know where you are seeing the 200Gb estimate, but TDMS usually estimates only space for TABLES, (not INDEXES), so in the end the space occupied will be much higher (probably almost twice of what was estimated).

And yes, if there is no free space you will get dumps in the target system (related with tablespaces).

Rui Dantas