Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal place in Quantity field

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Got a query regarding decimal places in the quantity field of a sales order.

The material UOM is maintained as EA. I have checked the transaction CUNI, where the decimal place is maintained as ZERO. Still , Sales order / Delivery documents which i am creating is allowing decimal places for in the quantity.

For eg: material quantity of 50 EA in sales order, during the delivery batch splitting is getting splitted as 25.095 EA and 24.050 EA. Can you pleae advise the reason for this and how to go about this...

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Just thought of sharing the input , which may be possible way out for a requirement similar to the above.

As I have notified in my thread earlier ,this is a limitation in SAP and there are no standard configuration currently available in SAP to address the issue of having this decimal quantity in delivery.

However , there is a round about way for my issue. may be useful to you. in the material master u might have to  set delivery quantity as 1 (in Sales org 1 view)

Then go to transaction OVM1 and set VL365 (Increment & & not complied with)  from W to E. This would set this message class from warning to Error. Now if you are trying to maintain a delivery quantity which is not a multiple of 1 , it would show the Error ...

This satisfied my client requirement. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found the answer for my above question.

Unfortunately, SAP allows it and I believe this is a technical limitation. upon referring to SAP notes 931971,95869, 22043 and 77525, there's no solution for this.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Safeer Rahman