cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exports

I am working on Solution Manager 7.0 EHP. we want to install trex server, my question is do we require any additional software licensing for this installation from SAP. consider it as high priorty

Regards

Subbaraju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

self

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

we want to install trex for solution manager services desk and other activites.

Regards

subbaraju

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know TREX is free of use for SAP systems if you have a Netweaver contract but I would ask your SAP sales rep about the exact statement; this depends on the contract you made.

Markus

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When you mention 'other activities'... what exactly? If I remember correctly, the Solution Manager license agreement includes clauses about using the Solution Manager technology components only in the Solution Manager, not externally. As an example, the CRM functionality included with Solution Manager should not be used outside ChaRM, Service Desk and Maintenance Optimizer, I would assume that the same applies to TREX within Solution Manager.

In any case, the Service Desk usage of TREX is included in the Solution Manager license, for the 'solution database' functionality.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am working on Solution Manager 7.0 EHP. we want to install trex server, my question is do we require any additional software licensing for this installation from SAP.

You want to install TREX in what context?

> consider it as high priorty

"High priority" calls should be handled through official support channels (OSS) - not on a public forum.

Markus