cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HA Licenses !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to install HA in our ECC 6.0 landscape.We will be using MSCS cluster.My question is whether we need to apply SAP Licenses in both the nodes of the cluster??How does Gateway work in HA configuration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Simply you can do the following steps.

1. Swtich your all mount points to node 1 and get the hardware key from node 1 and request license key using hardware key of node 1 and apply the same using .

2. Swtich you All mount points to node 2 and get the hardware key from node 2 and request license key using hardware key of node 2 and apply the same using .

Once both the license keys are applied your activity is completed related to license key.

Thanks

Anil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to install license on both the nodes as the hardware key is different for each node. But, I would like to inform you that after applying the License for Node 1 you will be getting the license key along with system number. When you are applying for license key for othet Node you should use the same system number and you should not generate the new one again. If you do so then license in HA will not work and each time the nodes switches to other you need to manually install the license.

Regarding the gateway as per my knowledge you need to install a standalone gateway for the things to work properly especially backup and db related jobs which will be scheduled from DB13

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath as you have said that hardware key is different for both nodes then how the license in first node will work for the 2nd node??Why we do not have to generate a new license for the 2nd node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not get my point correctly. We have to apply license for both Node 1 and Node 2 as the hardware key is different. First you will apply for license for Node 1 which is a fresh installation and for fresly installed system you will be getting the system number after applying for license only right? Now when you are applying license for Node 2 which is also a fresh installation again you should not request for new system number, instead you have to use the system number of Node 1 only and anyhow hardware key of Node 2 is different and generate another license key for Node 2. After that install the license in both the nodes and after that when you test the switch over then the license will also switch over from Node 1 to Node 2 vice versa automatically.

Hope you understood !!!

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath I am still not getting what you are saying.

• First you will apply for license for Node 1 which is a fresh installation and for fresly installed system you will be getting the system number after applying for license only right?*

Why we will get the system number after applying license??System Number is given during the Installation phase.Why we should request System Number?I am using ECC 6.0 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not confuse this system number (license) with the system number <00> which you give at time of installation. Login to system and go to Tcode SLICENSE and there you will find one System number. I was talking about that system number in above posts.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to apply 2 licenses on 2 nodes, concept is you have to use backup license on 2nd node which is passive.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a7/512cbc407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/content.htm

This will help you.

Request for one normal license and other one as backup license then apply on one system which is active, then switch over and apply license on another node.

Hope it will help!!

Regrads,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this Note 181543 - License key for high availability environment for clear information.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is whether we need to apply SAP Licenses in both the nodes of the cluster??

You need to apply license on every node as hardware key will be different for each node.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede