cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to check out VC model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using the browser version of the Visual Composer 7.1 EhP 1, I have created a model in the local repository.

Later, I have created a corresponding DC in my NWDI track and have copied the model from the local repository to the track. I was able to check-in the model to the DTR.

However, I am now facing the following problem:

When I now open my model from the track in the NWDS version of the Visual Composer, the model is marked as read-only. As far as I have understood, I need to check out the model to lock it. Unfortunately, the "check out" option from the context menu of the model in the model browser is disabled.

Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong here? Presumably, I have to mark the model as checked-in beforehand, but I do not know where I can do that.

Kind regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have the required permissions in order to work with NWDI/DTR?

Is the model already checked out, are there still activities open related to this model (you can check in dtr or in web based VC under "Manage" wether it is already checked out)?

Edited by: Jan Nyfeler on May 17, 2010 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Do you have the required permissions in order to work with NWDI/DTR?

It seems so. Aside from the VC models everything works fine.

(you can check in dtr or in web based VC under "Manage" wether it is already checked out)?

How can I check this with the DTR?

Kind regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

> How can I check this with the DTR?

>

You should see an locked-icon in DTR perspective if you expand your VC_impl dc for checked out files.

Much more comfortable is to check it in VC under "Manage". Checked out models have an corresponding icon. Make sure to sync DCs if using web based VC.

Best regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should see an locked-icon in DTR perspective if you expand your VC_impl dc for checked out files.

This seems not to be the case.

Much more comfortable is to check it in VC under "Manage". Checked out models have an corresponding icon. Make sure to sync DCs if using web based VC.

To this end, we would have to configure the web-based Visual Composer to use our NWDI. If possible, I would pass on this.

Is it correct, that I have not added the "gen" and the "metadata" folder to the DTR or could this be the cause of my problems?

Kind regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

> To this end, we would have to configure the web-based Visual Composer to use our NWDI. If possible, I would pass on this.

>

This is only a configuration wizard to execute. Consider that you have to use web based VC for some purposes as not all functionallity is provided by NWDS VC (especially BI Datasources).

As far as I know, gen and metadata are local only folders which won't be managed in DTR.

If it is not marked as checked out in DTR perspective, I guess it is not

What happens if you double-click the model and try to modify it, isn't it checking out by default and asks you to create an activity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

This is only a configuration wizard to execute.

Where can I find that wizard? It's not listed in my configuration wizard overview. I am using the CE 7.1 EhP1 SP4.

What happens if you double-click the model and try to modify it, isn't it checking out by default and asks you to create an activity?

First of all, the icon display for the model matches the "check in" symbol of the web-based VC. Thus, I suppose that the model is not checked out.

However, the option to check out a model is disabled (greyed out). When I double click a model, it is opened as read-only.

Kind regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Sorry, I am using CE 7.2. I assume this procedure is different to 7.1

Can you confirm that there are no open activities containin VC models?

You can check for how you can verify that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Can you confirm that there are no open activities containin VC models?

You can check for how you can verify that...

Yes, I can confirm that there are no open activities.

Kind regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

finally, I solved my problem.

Your statement

was completely correct.

I just opened the model in read-only mode and started to modify it. The IDE then offered to check out the model and create an activity.

I did not try that before because I thought that I had to get the model in check out mode beforehand.

Kind regards

Alex

Answers (0)