cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Catalog link in SRM Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working with SRM-MDM Shopping cart application when i try to access the catalog for shopping cart portal it is giving a blank page. can anybody help me out to configure it.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Create the Standard Call Structure instead of Integrated one while defining Webservice in SRM.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Some Detail Explanation on this :

To enable users of your organizational plan to access the catalog web service, you need to

configure the parameter Catalog ID in the Organizational Management.

Procedure shud be

1. Navigate to the following activity in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Supplier Relationship Management: SRM Server u2192 Cross-Application Basic Settings u2192Organizational Management u2192 Change Organizational Plan (Transaction PPOMA_BBP).

2. Select an organizational unit, for example, a Purchasing Unit.

3. Open the Attributes tab and fill the value for parameter Catalog ID with the Web service ID that you created in section Setting up External Web Services in SRM.

If you do not add the Catalog ID to the attributes for the organizational unit to which the user of the SRM-MDM catalog is assigned, the catalog will not be available for this user in the SRM system.

Hope it works.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Hope you have defined webservice in SRM. And User defined in this SRM Web service must belong to Role Catalog User like User1 etc. Also you need to set settings for this User e.g. User1 here in Configuration of SRM-MDM Catalog Web UI.

For configure SRM MDM catalog: Please refer below thread:

Also check:

You MDM server should be in running state.

Your SRM MDM Catalog repository must be loaded.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for reply i configured all you specified but now when i click catalog link it is showinf error " Error connecting to Catalog; contact your System Administrator ". Can you gim me any inputs on this?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please ensure that your MDM server is running and repository is loaded.

Also check similar threads with same problem:

This problem seems to be more towards with Call structure Configuration.

Please define parameters carefully during defining webservice like repository name which is case senstive, ensure you have the same case senstive name for repository which you defined for SRM MDM in MDM Console. Also check for other parametrs too.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the parameters maintained in the SRM Server>MAster Data>Define external webservices. In Standard Call Structure,

(http://Java Web Server:Port/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM) URL

username (user defined in repository with role Catalog User e.g. User1) Fixed Value

password (XXXX) Fixed Value

server (MDM server name) Fixed Value

catalog (Repository Name) Fixed Value

uilanguage (SY-LANGU) SAP Field

datalanguage (SY-LANGU) SAP Field

mask (Defined in mask table in repository) Fixed Value

HOOK_URL (Leave empty) Return URL

~Target (_top) Fixed Value

~Caller (CTLG) Fixed Value

~OKCode (ADDI) Fixed Value

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. I configured the parameters as it is but still i am unable to open the page getting a new page as " Can not be displayed".

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi !

This happens for one of the following reasons :

1: The password for the user u have maintained in MDM may not match the one have in SRM call structure.

2: If you are using a mask for ur catalog, do a spell check ..

The issue would actually occur due a a minor error in the details maintained in SRM . Check all the details .

Thanks !

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer article "SRM-MDM Catalog Setup - Ready Reference".

The SDN link is attached below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/806f3d56-0d29-2d10-9abf-c0df6f0fd...

Kindly refer "Web-Service Configuration in SRM" and "Accessing of Catalog through SRM Portal" sections.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Vikas

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Cross check :

SRM MDM Catalog should be configured in SRM using PPOMA_BBP

MDM Server is working

Catalog Items have been uploaded and approved in MDM Catalog

Hopefully it shud work.