cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Transport Issue from Dev to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This is a bit of head spinner for me, was wondering if some one can help. Below is the detail:

1) I imported an RFC in Dev system from the ECC

2) Used it in mapping

3) Then transported the mapping to QA system and then transported the RFC to QA - everything fine

THEN

1) we had to make a change to the RFC on the ECC side (Additon of one more field really)

2) So reimported it from ECC

3) Now when i transport it to QA - QA doesn't recognize the new version for some strange reason

4) Transport is always succesful but it just doesn't recognize it; so I deleted the RFC from the QA and when I do the transport it shows me successful transport but RFC doesn't appear in the RFC space ...

So any IDEA? please...

I know one way of fixing it - import it directly from ECC QA but don't wish to do that ....

regards,

Edited by: mimranacc on May 17, 2010 9:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You said you changed the RFC in ECC. The changes are transported to QA's ECC as well. I guess the Changes on done DEV systems ECC not transported to QA's ECC system..

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for a quick response.

The ECC changes are transported to QA. So ECC QA is upto date.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u reimported the activated version of the RFC in Exported objects ?

Did you activated the changes in the Dev before creating a transport request?

once you are able to see the changes in the DEV then release the TR and import the same in QA..

i hope you know how to recover the deleted object in QA..if not search SDN...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1) I imported the new RFC from ECC in DEV system

2) Activated it

3) Then created the transport

4) And the above is what i am trying to import in QA; however it does get transported but I can't see it in QA for some strange reason.

I hope the above clarifies the situaiton. I can attempt to recover deleted object but still I don't see a point in doing so as i only need the new version;

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be you could tranport the activated rfc objcect again.note when you transport it by stms then choice the options menu "overwrite originals" and "overwrite objects in unconfirmed repairs"

best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

I am doing 'File based' transports. So they automatically overwrite any existing objects.

It seems to me in the background some version conflict is happening but system is not prompting me for it so i can resolve it.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Check if cache is upto date or not..if not try to do the same.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

Cache won't have affect on this.

regards,

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could have a lock on the exiting object in Dev, see if its in someone`s change list.

Can you then create 2 new transports

1) New Updated RFC with new structure.

2) Mapping with new structure.

Validate that the RFC is moved to QA and then move the mapping sequentially.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for replying but so far no one has understood what is happening so I will rephrase it.

1) I deleted an RFC from QA system

2) Now I am importing it again from Dev system although transports are successful RFC is not available

Can someone please help I am meant to put it in production in next couple of days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just FYI

Transferring from Dev to QA will not work in a situation like above; I resolved it by importing directly from the abap stack unfortunately.

regards