cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to SAP via mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed a z program which creates a deal memo (deal memo no is generated) and mail is send to approver.

How can approver by clicking on deal memo no in mail be able to login to sap and directly view deal memo screen?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login to SAP is only required if there is a need to validate specific details about the user.

In SICF you could specify the user id that you wanted to use for the application (essentially a non-authenticated application).

You could then pass a GUID as part of the URL calling the application - this GUID could be used to retrieve the details of the deal memo - stored previously in a table when you generated the GUID for the sending of the email. I would generate a 32 char GUID rather than passing the deal memo number - just to ensure that users wouldn't be able to (unless they were very lucky) guess the GUID corresponding to a given deal number. (security by obfuscation rather than user driven security).

Search the forum for details on passing parameters to applications via URL parameters and generating URLs for launching the application. These questions have been raised and answered many times before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Can you please explain in detail how can this requirement be achieved or can you provide me link where similar questions have been raised.I have searched for same but didnt find any.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, although it pains me to say it - use Google -

prefix your search "site:forums.sdn.sap.com" the Google search is far better at retrieving details than the standard SCN search....

doing this and the texts I gave you I quickly found several links.

As I am opposed to encouraging people to be lazy and getting others to do the searching for them - I won't post those links here... please as per the forum guidelines - do a search. (although I will in this case concede that the SCN search result for the same search string was terrible).

I'm almost certain that by the time I've posted this someone else will probably have done the search for you anyway...

edit - what do you know - they hadn't!

Good luck.

Chris

Edited by: Chris Paine on May 17, 2010 6:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be done using tcode sicf but how to do it I dont know .

Please suggest.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From my point of view, you can achieve by using the below options:

1) It will be done using portal. You can create an iView on this portal and user can access this portal by giving their UserID/Pwd.

2) There is another option, if the approver have the sap login, You can create the first screen as Login screen and if the approver using the correct credentials, then you will navigate the screen to your desired one.

Let's wait, if someone have any better option to get this functionality.