Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Sales Order from Excel file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using SAP ECC 6.0.

Could you pls tell me how can I import Sales Order from Excel file?

Thank you very much for your help!

CH.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are trying to create a sales order from the excel file you need to use uploading programs.

You have to take help from your tech team and develop a BDC to create a sales order form excel file.

Regards,

Krishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna & Jignesh Mehta,

I have so many SO in Excel file, and I would like to upload to SAP in order to save time.

Could you pls tell me more detail how can I do that?

Do you have training documnet for that?

Thank you very much!

CH

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Yes you can upload multiple Sales Orders from a single excel file. I have personally done this...

BDC involves recording the transaction & writing a ABAP code. Kindly ask your ABAP person to do the needful.

Also for basic information refer here (& subsequents links therein...)

Hope this helps. .

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor

Dear Friend,

Yes you can create Sales Order thru Excel files thru BDC.

I was involved with a client who had 300 - 500 line items in each Sales Order. So we gave a excel format to them to fill in the Sales Order details.

Subsequently user called BDC T-Code & uploaded the Sales Order in system.

Kindly consult with your ABAP person & he can create a BDC for this...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no "magic wand" for this. If you want to upload just a few orders - don't bother, type it by hand. If you need to do this regularly, suggest an investment in third-party software, such as Winshuttle (Transaction Shuttle). Custom development is also an option, of course, but that's another story.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cao

There are 2 answers to your question

1- To do a recording without going to an ABAPer please run transaction SHDB and create a new recording , it will ask you to input the sales order transaction VA01 and follow the steps for 1 SO , after you have done that save the recording and run the same recording for all your SO's maintained in Excel in ONE run itself ,

2 - If you use the BAPI BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1 going to Xsaction SE37 it will ask you to input all your SO manually in the table which is tedious

I suggest you go for the Recording as mentioned in my point 1 , Let me know if this was useful .

Regards

Sim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cao,

U can use standard BAPI for this.

salesorder_createfromdat1 or salesorder_createfromdat2.Just ask ur ABAPER to use any of the above BAPI.

Multiple Sales orders each having multiple line items can be created from a single xls file.

But u need to work with ur ABAPER to fix the format & sequence in which data should be put in the xls file.

regards