cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail to Responsible Person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am PS consultant. I have some queries regarding DMS as i have not used it before.

My client wants that wherever we attach a document to an activity, that document should be mailed to responsible person and

also wherever there is change in that document then also responsible person should get a mail regarding the change in document.

Can anybody tell me how to do that ?

Thanks

Kushal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushal,

Document Distribution & Workflow processes will help you achieve your clients requirement. read below for an overview of these concepts.

Document Distribution: Consider that while tracking a production order, you notice that a number of CAD drawings need to accompany the PO. That means someone will have to manually print the CAD drawings and individually attach them to the order. This creates a high margin for error: What if you send the wrong drawing? What if itu2019s an outdated design or even one that is still a work in progress? These kinds of errors cost organizations time and money.Hence,its prudent to ensure that these documents are distributed(manually/automated) by the system and a log of the same is maitained for reference.

Workflow: It is more about getting the right information to many people at the right time.It is process oriented.Some example processes where workflow can be adopted is:

-Document reviews

-Requesting a new material number

-ECM process

-BoM review et-al...

The below link will provide you with more details on configuring Document Distribution

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DocumentManagement(CA-DMS)

For workflow configuration, reach out to your ABAP workflow consultant.

P.S. Browse through te below thread for further details on Document distribution and workflow concepts.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushal,

Document Distribution & Workflow processes will help you achieve your clients requirement. read below for an overview of these concepts.

Document Distribution: Consider that while tracking a production order, you notice that a number of CAD drawings need to accompany the PO. That means someone will have to manually print the CAD drawings and individually attach them to the order. This creates a high margin for error: What if you send the wrong drawing? What if itu2019s an outdated design or even one that is still a work in progress? These kinds of errors cost organizations time and money.Hence,its prudent to ensure that these documents are distributed(manually/automated) by the system and a log of the same is maitained for reference.

Workflow: It is more about getting the right information to many people at the right time.It is process oriented.Some example processes where workflow can be adopted is:

-Document reviews

-Requesting a new material number

-ECM process

-BoM review et-al...

The below link will provide you with more details on configuring Document Distribution

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DocumentManagement(CA-DMS)

For workflow configuration, reach out to your ABAP workflow consultant.

P.S. Browse through te below thread for further details on Document distribution and workflow concepts.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar