cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Type for Canon IR2318L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Canon printer IR2318L (Image Runner).Can you please suggest suitable Device type and Access method.

I have referrd to SAP Note 8928 and 1135052 , but was not able to find it.

Plz suggest something.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Sharath---I tried using with Access Method S and Installing SAPSprint.But still its not printing.

@Bhuban---I have already seen that SAP Note.My Printer is not in the list.

Can you guys suggest something more.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you find a solution? I'm facing similar problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check this SAP note...may be it will help you

Bhuban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont need front end printing and my default printer is totally different set up.

My Canon IR2318L printer is placed at remote location.

Printer is installed with Windows 2008 Server.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the below access methods. Might be this will help in resolving the issue.

Access Method U :- Enter U if the formatting process is to transfer the output data to the remote host system using the Berkeley protocol (BSD).The formatting process uses this protocol to transfer output data directly to the host spooler on the remote system.

Access Method S: Enter S if the formatting process is to transfer the output data to the remote system (a Microsoft Windows PC) using the SAP protocol.The formatting process transfers the output data to the SAP output processor (SAPLPD) running on the remote PC.

Suggest you to try with option S.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya printer is installed correctly.Normal print outs are working fine.

I am using C as Access Method for the printing.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try with access method F or G. For this first install the printer locally in the system in which you are login to SAP and trying to give a print and make it as default printer. After that give print from SAP and see it should work. If it does not work then please let me know how is the printer installed and on which OS the printer is installed.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply.

But in my spool request status shows complete but nothing is getting printed physically.

I have used CAN22 and CAN2220, but in vain.

None of the device type is supporting this printer.

Please help.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the printer installed correctly on the system and did u try to printing normally like a word or excel from OS and see if its printing or not. If its not printing then might be its not installed correctly. Also, what access method are you using?

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with both above mentioned device types.But its still failing to Print anything.

Can you suggest some more ideas.

Thanks,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Failing to print means are you getting any errors. Check in SP01 for the error of the spool request and can you also let us know what device type are you using? If possible try with other device type of Cannon available in the list.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use any of the Cannon device type listed in SPAD for instance you can try with CAN22 or CAN2220 which are close to your model. Regarding the access method it depends up on your business requirement. If that printer is connected to a desktop and if you want to use a front end printing i.e. if this printer is installed in users system and made default printer and when you give print from SAP and want print to go to this cannon printer then choose Front end access methods F or G. Where as for other choose as per your requirement.

Regards,

Sharath