SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo Activation - Issues related to performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The promotions which are created by the users are pretty big where in the promotion can have 1000's of articles in it..may be upto 5000 articles in one single promo..If we try to activate all articles in a promo using WAK5, we get the ABAP dump "TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED". Does anyone of you have come across this error message and if so what was the solve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Srinivas

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check which repository you are using . BDCP or BDCP2 also make sure you using reporitory BDCP2 to avoid performence issue.

If you use 5000 article under one promotion then better to maintain it with transaction VK11 maintaing Condition type VKOA it will work as same. only difference is promition number will not come in report but that you can get report throgh condition type.

best regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found this same problem while processing WAK5,

I have all this message types in BD60:

WBBDLD

WPDNAC

WPDWGR

WP_EAN

WP_PER

WP_PLU

All with BDCP2 Ok check marked.

Should i process BDCPMIG for this messages??

Would this solve this issue and finish WAK5 without dump??

Am i missing any message type?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very interesting one.

I have faced this proglem on a lot of occasions, even created a OSS on this but there is no SAP solutions.

There are however a number of business wasy to solve it.

1. Create promotions at higher levels eg Article Hierarchy, Merchandise Category, Article groups etc.

2. Create small promotions will less articles. EG rather have 1000 article in one promo, create 4 promo with 250 articles.

3. Run activation during night to avoid performance issue.

At one of the client we built a custom middleware adaptor between POS and SAP to handle this.

Cheers

Barry