cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Budget for WBS Element **** Exceeded by ****

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have booked qty 10Nos and posted qty 10Nos of a material A on one of network activity that is assigned to a WBS element.

Material A have Moving Average Price e.g. Rs.1.5/-.

Now Moving average price of Material A has been changed / increased to Rs.2/- due to receipts.

When we are trying to Book material B (Note : we are trying only to book material B and not posting) on other activity of same network , while saving the booking , system giving a error log as " Payment budget exceeded for WBS by Rs.***/- ,amount calculations e.g. Qty posted above i.e. 10 mulitiplied by 0.5 ( 2 - 1.5).

We don't understand why system is giving error only during assignement (i.e. Creating reservation and not posting)

Budget should be checked only at posting level and not at reservation level.

Thanks

Ankush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Kealin for your reply.

This scenario persist in our system for 2 cases.

we have raised OSS for the same and OSS team assigend developer for the same.

Ankush Lokhande

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ankush ,

simple solution for the problem can be

1) change material A to standard price material in material master.

2)or else you can remove the Valuated project stock indicator from project stock section in project definition.

chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Problem is that after goods issue (actuals) , why system is considering Difference Between Moving average price on higher side for those quantity of materials whose actual posting is done. Hence we are getting budget exceed error in error log during cost calculation.

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course the system will still considering the price differences for material A, since this value has been posted as actual value.

How much is the budget for WBS in question?

Letu2019s say the budget is Rs. 30

Originally you planned to spend this budget on material A (Rs. 15) and material B (Rs. 15)

But the actual value for material A has increased from Rs. 15 to Rs. 20

The value of Rs. 20 has consumed the budget as actual value and gives you only Rs. 10 left

It means that now the remaining budget is Rs. 10 and if you want to want to create reservation for material B; the maximum amount you can spend is Rs. 10 (plus the tolerance limit in your setting)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You keep changing your question 😃 Next time please try to formulate your question and scenario carefully in the first post 😃

Now the scenario is: the NWA are assigned to two different WBS element (which you failed to mention in your first post)

For WBS A: when the price has changed into Rs 22, system will issue error message during actual posting, hence the actual cost of Rs.22 can't be posted (check note 165085 - Availability control for apportioned orders)

For WBS B: the WBS still has sufficient budget, I don't think the system should issue error message.

In my system, this scenario often occurred, but user never received error message when they created the reservation (or other actual posting) for NWA which was assigned to different WBS

because the system only checks the budget for the corresponding WBS, the system doesn't check all WBS in that project

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard SAP, reservation (order plan) are used for the assigned value of the WBS element (i.e it consumes the budget)

For more detail information, you can read SAP help on Appended and Apportioned Order

If you don't want order plan to be taken into account in availability control you can apply note 853530 - Residual order plan not to be taken into account

Hope it helps