cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance optimizer - Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of applying ST-A/PI Add on and ST-PI support packages. Please let me know if the following steps are correct while uing maintenance optimizer in Solution manager.

ST-A/PI - does not have any support packages, therefore does not require maintenance optimizer.

ST-PI_2008_1_700 - Need to install support package lever 2 (Let me know if the following steps are right)

1. Goto service.sap.com/supporttools

2. Select ST_PI 2008_1_700 : select the support package level 2

3. Add to download basket

4. Access maintenance optimizer in solution manager - SMSY

5. Select the system, for eg DV1

6. Select the download basket and confirm the files

7. Complete the maintenance optimizer transaction

I am not sure after step 7. Do we need to use the download manager and download the support package to the local PC and use SAINT to complete the process. Please help

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You could download these packages with MOPZ too if you want.

MOPZ isn't just the responsible of confirmations. The main role of MOPZ is auto-calculate everything that you'll need to upgrade a system to a newer SP level or EHP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download this to desktop or you can transfer same to server(/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/)

You have to uncar using SAPCAR.

Also you can directly upload from front-end using spam/saint as well.

Then apply the same using spam/saint.

Let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I forgot to include the uncar step. On further googling, I learnt that the Mainitenance Optimizer is only used to confirm or approve the support packages in the download basket. Therefore, I think I should be able to confirm the package and then use the download manager to download and proceed with SAINT. I'll update this thread with the results. Thanks for your help!

regards,