cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport possible or not??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have different support packs of SAP Systems. I have ECC 6.0 Kernel 700 & support Pack 18 & other ECC 6.0 Kernel 700 & SP 21.tp are also diffrent 70 & 86 are the versions.Is it possible to transport between the 2 ECC System??What is the prerequisite for transports between 2 systems other than 2 SID should be different??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Exactly SP level should be same, other wise you can be in problem . We faced same and rid off after rreverting everything.

So suggest you not to transport even you will not get help from SAP after doing this.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gagan & all for the information..

I have understood that it is advisable to transport between systems with the same release & SP.

But whether it is mandatory that 2 systems should have same tp release??Because In my QA I have tp-372.04.70 & in Dev 372.04.86(Latest tp).Is it advisable to trannsport in this scenario??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Again its recommneded but it will not create any problem in case of transport.

You can have different tp levels.

So again recommendation is to have but not mandatory.

Hope it will answer your query.

Suggestion is to keep your full landscape in sync interms of SP and kernel patch.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Tthere are certain risks when you perform transports between systems that have different Support Package levels and systems that have different releases . In your case , you must refer the SAP note 1089083 before starting any transports . Also check 1090842 . Anyway, it is possible to transport between dfferent releases and you may need few manual changes/modification after the import , at our own risk since we cannot expect any intervention from SAP if any issues occurs .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends upon the functionality , which you are going to move from 1 system to another system.

Many times it happen , that you apply the patch on development and quality system , but due to non-availability of downtime , the patching of production system get delayed for some period. In such cases no option and we have to work on the system.

This is a practical problem many organisation face.

If this is a functional change , then functional consultant can make some study on all the system. This will help to come to conclusion that can we make the request from 1 system to another.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I compteley agree with Amit.We first apply to Dev and then to quality and then to production.But still we will transport the objecs during that period.So the SP release would be different.Not sure about the kernel release.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Das

As per SAP Standards, we need to maintain same SP level to all landscape for transport.

Please refer to

Hope it helsp

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to transport between systems, your main release and SP's should be on the same level.

Kind regards,

Mark