cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during installation of NW04s Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goodday guys,

I'm stuck here. I'm trying to install the Sneak Preview but got an error during initial stage of installation. The error message pops up once i clicked 'next' after reading the 'license Agreement'. Please find below the error message:-

ERROR 2006-06-26 16:42:47

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\SAPinst' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2006-06-26 16:42:47

FCO-00011 The step registerEventsDll with step key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_First_Steps|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|registerEventsDll was executed with status ERROR .

Since i'm relatively new in this area, please do advise on the possible solution. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for your reply. Anyways, issue solved. As suspected, i need to use my Administrator's logon to install this sneak preview. Coming back to the MS Loopback Adapter, i'm connected to the network using normal LAN Cable. I'm not on wireless. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u install the hostname and ip address in the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. Here hostname is ur computer name and ip which is assigned in the microsoft loopback adapter.

Please revert back if u have any query

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply. My PC is connected to the network and the ip address is given dynamically by the DHCP Server. Do i still need to install MS Loopback Adapter? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ur PC is connected to the network by ? if u are using wiresless then u must have to install microsoft loopback adapter and assign a static ip to loopback adapter.

Regards

Subhash